How Do We Solve a Problem Like Obesity?

28 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

5A41B07E-7404-4DD5-B718-14B23E915A63.png

E6E7390C-4DC5-4438-9E13-7BC3ED7F2F0C.png

E28005C7-5BE9-4FE7-954D-BFE29CD203C7.png

5E215BEF-5FE1-4B9E-A766-9E1A82E3BAD6.jpeg

0C7F6D42-109F-4FAE-8804-066F37844C0E.jpeg

You'd think that such a smart, penny-pincher like Jack Monroe would realise that the cost of a fucking oven or griddle pan or a brand new blender is actually split up across literally thousands of meals. Or perhaps she's just fishing for social media approval - who knows! 

The price of food in the UK is in fact significantly cheaper across the board than just about any other country. The rent is the elephant in the room here but I don't see her standing on a 'guillotine all landlords' platform.

It's a wee shame when liberals' attachment to rentiers and their sacred property rights ends up fucking them over a barrel, and so here we are. 

57 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It would help if you would read

I specifically said that we  could all improve our food management and household economics. In my case my wife is in charge of he cooking department but I do notice t he amount of meals which can be made out of the one item e.g. a ham makes soup, can be taken hot one day with potatoes, etc, and then as a cold salad another. Likewise a piece of cheap brisket can make soup, be taken with veg. and leftovers can be made in to stories.

There is scope for everyone to improve and to deny that is ridiculous.

I tried. Anyway, have you taken the shopping decisions away from your wasteful wife?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It would help if you would read

I specifically said that we  could all improve our food management and household economics. In my case my wife is in charge of he cooking department but I do notice t he amount of meals which can be made out of the one item e.g. a ham makes soup, can be taken hot one day with potatoes, etc, and then as a cold salad another. Likewise a piece of cheap brisket can make soup, be taken with veg. and leftovers can be made in to stories.

Wonderful stories. Fantastical stories. Unbridled fetterment of the imagination. Escapism. Fiction. Abandonment of mundane reality. 

15 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Current favorite - glorious stuff but at $5 for an 8oz bottle I’m very glad I don’t have any Tory MPs to condemn me and decry me as a modern day Viv Nicholson. 

C7034796-C4D2-44DB-88A0-EEA8DFD1B0BD.jpeg

BC05BB83-3263-4C37-98A7-64CFAA94AF3F.jpeg

That reads like a lovely sauce. I tried making my own a while back, nice but not great. I have to try again. 

You'd think that such a smart, penny-pincher like Jack Monroe would realise that the cost of a fucking oven or griddle pan or a brand new blender is actually split up across literally thousands of meals. Or perhaps she's just fishing for social media approval - who knows! 
The price of food in the UK is in fact significantly cheaper across the board than just about any other country. The rent is the elephant in the room here but I don't see her standing on a 'guillotine all landlords' platform.
It's a wee shame when liberals' attachment to rentiers and their sacred property rights ends up fucking them over a barrel, and so here we are. 

Whilst what you said is true, do the poor just not eat for a week or two so they can buy a new griddle pan?

I genuinely don’t know if food is cheaper in the Uk. However, have other countries not protected their inhabitants from the high electric prices which is currently crippling so many people here?

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

That reads like a lovely sauce. I tried making my own a while back, nice but not great. I have to try again. 

The pickle juice gives it a really nice sourness alongside the heat. That's the second hot sauce I've had with it in, and it works majestically; if I ever get round to making my own it'll definitely be an ingredient. 

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Whilst what you said is true, do the poor just not eat for a week or two so they can buy a new griddle pan?

I genuinely don’t know if food is cheaper in the Uk. However, have other countries not protected their inhabitants from the high electric prices which is currently crippling so many people here?

You don't actually need a griddle pan to cook 99.9% of all possible meals though.

She's just laying it on thick as usual about completely superfluous expenses, while not dealing seriously with only relevant reason why she's struggling to make ends meet. 

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The pickle juice gives it a really nice sourness alongside the heat. That's the second hot sauce I've had with it in, and it works majestically; if I ever get round to making my own it'll definitely be an ingredient. 

I'll keep that in mind.

It's not a sauce but what I make a lot of is blitzing together coriander (leaves & stalks), green chillis, garlic, spring onions, oil and vinegar. Easy to do and I eat it on toast or with an egg or cheese or anything.

Going to make a proper sauce though.  I am dreaming up ingredients.

2 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I'll keep that in mind.

It's not a sauce but what I make a lot of is blitzing together coriander (leaves & stalks), green chillis, garlic, spring onions, oil and vinegar. Easy to do and I eat it on toast or with an egg or cheese or anything.

Going to make a proper sauce though.  I am dreaming up ingredients.

Oh that sounds ace. Like a chili tapenade, almost. 

You don't actually need a griddle pan to cook 99.9% of all possible meals though.
She's just laying it on thick as usual about completely superfluous expenses, while not dealing seriously with only relevant reason why she's struggling to make ends meet. 

I guess it’s easy for you comment on it as assuming you have never been in that position

38 minutes ago, Aufc said:

According to this, electricity in the UK is amongst the most expensive in Europe, but gas is amongst the cheapest. 

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/politics/energy-crisis-countries-cheapest-gas-and-electric-3674055

It's therefore an isssue, but probably not the main driver. Rent, which for people in this position will be their single largest cost, is starting to shoot up again as well. 

Food in the UK is comparatively cheap compared with Western Europe. There is no VAT on basic foodstuffs, whereas most countries subject it to their reduced rate. But there must be more to it than that as that should only make a negligible difference. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Your point was to defend the tory shitheel, and his point was that folk are lazy wasters and can't be trusted.

The idea that you have your finger on the pulse enough to know this is correct is insulting to everyone's intelligence tbh.

Your point, like the horrible c**t tory you leapt in to defend, boils down to "poor people should be less thick and lazy, then they wouldn't be poor"

You are a horrible, nasty, vindictive person.

I am ashamed that you support the same football club as me.

Hope you get to airing your views in the stadium one day and get hunted.

Happy to air my views anywhere as long as people  listen to what I’m saying and don’t fly off the handle as you always seem to do without thinking through the points made.

Why is it that well - off people are always vilified when the poor are always glorified?

Makes no sense.

We all are capable of improvement and, if you had bothered to read my post, you might have understood that point.

Have a nice evening.

30 minutes ago, Michael W said:

According to this, electricity in the UK is amongst the most expensive in Europe, but gas is amongst the cheapest. 

I doubt that will last after Norway start diverting our supply to Germany to make up for cutting off Russia.

Happy to air my views anywhere as long as people  listen to what I’m saying and don’t fly off the handle as you always seem to do without thinking through the points made.

Why is it that well - off people are always vilified when the poor are always glorified?
Makes no sense.
We all are capable of improvement and, if you had bothered to read my post, you might have understood that point.
Have a nice evening.

Decent attempt at trolling

A splodge of mayo on the plate and then roll the meat and dip it.
I like it.
And I'm not a fat b*****d who has to bend over to see his cock so it's clearly working for me.
It's a bit of cold meat and mayo. I can't believe I'm being criticised by crisp and coke guzzlers. [emoji38]
Some people on here seem to think I'm chomping down on dog shite for my lunch. What is going on? [emoji23]

Your lunch is not really that nutritious. You won’t be a fat b*****d because it sounds like you are not eating that much.

For lunch, no.
During the day I'm getting exactly the right number of calories.
Thanks for your concern.
I'm still waiting to hear what your "million times better" lunch is.

Depends on whether I go to the gym or not. Standard gym day lunch is either hot smoked salmon or seasoned chicken with Spanish grains (aldi special) and spinach.

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A splodge of mayo on the plate and then roll the meat and dip it.

I like it.

And I'm not a fat b*****d who has to bend over to see his cock so it's clearly working for me.

It's a bit of cold meat and mayo. I can't believe I'm being criticised by crisp and coke guzzlers. 😆

Some people on here seem to think I'm chomping down on dog shite for my lunch. What is going on? 😂

Not being a fat b*****d doesn’t mean that you have a good diet.

There will likewise be plenty of skinny b*****ds munching on the meal deals you were scoffing.

Likewise a piece of cheap brisket can make soup, be taken with veg. and leftovers can be made in to stovies

Stovies made with leftover roast beef = Tory.
Stovies made with lorne/sliced/square sausage = working class.
Stovies made with corned beef= ignorant corned beef hash eater.