Relegation Showdown - Ross County vs Kilmarnock

We're going to be relegated, no doubt about that. With our current boards clueless approach to recruitment and retention we could be saying cheerio to the top division for a good many years. That's what happens when you don't have the balls to tell jobbers like dicker and Broadfoot to do one when they want the manager hunted so they can appoint their pal. A fucking shambles of a club. 

9 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

We're going to be relegated, no doubt about that. With our current boards clueless approach to recruitment and retention we could be saying cheerio to the top division for a good many years. That's what happens when you don't have the balls to tell jobbers like dicker and Broadfoot to do one when they want the manager hunted so they can appoint their pal. A fucking shambles of a club. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Broadfoot didn't like his methods and moved on, surely that's exactly what you'd want him to do?

1 minute ago, blackislekillie said:

Then was brought back immediately his pals got Alessio out the door. Player power? If the board allowed that they're not fit to run the club.

Lads, the margins are thin. If the result had gone the other way today, County fans would be having similar discussions. 

I'm telling you now, if Killie go down (and that's still a big if), they'll be right back up. The championship is dugshite. You've a team of full time professionals who will be going up against boys who have played periodically for 18 months. You'll stroll it. No need to panic. 

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Broadfoot didn't like his methods and moved on, surely that's exactly what you'd want him to do?

Broadfoot didn’t care for training that required something other than ten laps of the pitch,  He was an absolute disgrace.  The board seemed, from the outside, to support him.

Broadfoot didn’t care for training that required something other than ten laps of the pitch,  He was an absolute disgrace.  The board seemed, from the outside, to support him.

He didn't like the training and thought it wouldn't suit him at his age so he moved on. He didn't hang around and poison the well or mump and moan, he just found a new club and got on with it.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He didn't like the training and thought it wouldn't suit him at his age so he moved on. He didn't hang around and poison the well or mump and moan, he just found a new club and got on with it.

That’s about as generous a take as it is possible to have.  Stop the sentence after the first clause, and the guy doesn’t look so good.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

I'm telling you now, if Killie go down (and that's still a big if), they'll be right back up. The championship is dugshite. You've a team of full time professionals who will be going up against boys who have played periodically for 18 months. You'll stroll it. No need to panic. 

Far more teams go down and struggle than bounce straight back up. 

Whoever gets relegated this season, I'd be surprised if they bounced straight back up. 

Lads, the margins are thin. If the result had gone the other way today, County fans would be having similar discussions. 
The reality is though most of your talent moves on when you get relegated. Then you're left with kids and duds that are on decent money but don't fancy it.

3 minutes ago, Torfason said:
1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

The reality is though most of your talent moves on when you get relegated. Then you're left with kids and duds that are on decent money but don't fancy it.

In our case, I don't think we need to have too much concern about the talent moving on.

I assume next year will be Dundee throwing mental money to get back up  if they fail this year, might be tough as they'll be more willing to throw money at people than any of County/Killie/Accies.

Edited by Comrie

59 minutes ago, Torfason said:
2 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Yeah, in a normal year. This ain't a normal year. None of the current second tier, hearts excepted, are going to be in any sort of position to mount a challenge against a reasonably stable full time premier team next season. 

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I assume next year will be Dundee throwing mental money to get back up  if they fail this year, might be tough as they'll be more willing to throw money at people than any of County/Killie/Accies.

It really won't fucking matter because James McPake will still be in charge.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It really won't fucking matter because James McPake will still be in charge.

Tommy Wright taking Killie down, then getting pipped to the title by James McPake would be....

*chefs kisses*

10 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Not a chance we will come straight back up, TW has to rebuild almost an entire squad bar maybe 4-5 who ain't out of contract. Thats a tall order even with a decent budget which he won't have.....

14 hours ago, CountyFan said:

Aye, that’s exactly what I thought when we got relegated. It’s definitely dead difficult to get back up.

1 hour ago, kdyteejay said:

Aye, that’s exactly what I thought when we got relegated. It’s definitely dead difficult to get back up.

Again, in normal times I agree with you. Have you watched any championship football this season? None of those clubs are going to be in a position to challenge whoever comes down. Its pandemic related, I appreciate how challenging a division it usually is.