Relegation Showdown - Ross County vs Kilmarnock

Huge 3 points for County but they were very very lucky not to be losing at ht.

We'll take the win and see how that does for us but we're FAR from out of trouble, especially with Hamilton picking up so many points.

The jury is still definitely out on Hughes, that starting XI and first half performance was atrocious.

Edited by frankthetank22

47 minutes ago, Loki said:

Lol

I'll need another 12 months to mentally recover. I'm exhausted after watching that.

Kilmarnock are rubbish. County slightly better. Avoid 12th and we'll be fine. Whoever finishes 11th will slap aside whichever ragtag band of tradesmen and supply teachers finish 3rd in the Championship. 

5 minutes ago, yoda said:

I'll need another 12 months to mentally recover. I'm exhausted after watching that.

Kilmarnock are rubbish. County slightly better. Avoid 12th and we'll be fine. Whoever finishes 11th will slap aside whichever ragtag band of tradesmen and supply teachers finish 3rd in the Championship. 

Yup. There are about four teams who deserve automatic relegation, but only one will go down.   On today’s showing, Kilmarnock are worse than County, and that takes some doing. 

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

Kilmarnock are rubbish. County slightly better. Avoid 12th and we'll be fine. Whoever finishes 11th will slap aside whichever ragtag band of tradesmen and supply teachers finish 3rd in the Championship

Confused_Christian_Bale.0.gif

Sketchy performance today, but when we had our chances we generally took them. Shaw might have sealed it at the end to ease the nerves a bit, but a massive 3 points.

We are a bombscare at the back, though. Both Killie goals were completely avoidable, Watson is a player I like but both he and Laidlaw will want that one back again. Naismith a stand out for us again. Chuffed for Leo as well, great goal. Edited to add - Thought Hjelde was good all round today.

Edited by central staggie

Really poor first half. Lucky to be level at half time. Not sure what happened at the start of the second half, but some tremndous finishes to put us 3-1 up. Daft penalty to give away and then we sit deep and my nerves were getting shredded.

Thought Lafferty was lucky not to get a red.

Delighted to get the 3 points. Will be happy with a point next saturday to be honest.

Will watch sportscene tonight with a smile on my face

All of our hens are coming home to roost now. More fool me for thinking after we went ahead that we might have been able to actually do it today. We are where we are on merit and I don't think you'll see anyone in our support argue otherwise. 

I'm resigned to accepting the inevitable now. If we somehow get ourselves out of this one then it'll be a minor miracle. From what I see of County and Hamilton they both have a bit of fight about themselves and the ability to produce results against bigger teams too. We don't have that. Ah well Premiership, it was nice knowing you...

44 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Feels like County give away a penalty every week. 

More astonishingly, the last two haven't been given away be Donaldson.