Next SNP leader

Next SNP leader  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Swinney was absolutely fucking beige in his previous stint as leader. Angus Robertson would be a good shout. However there's no danger this shambles of a committee is landing any sort of knockout blow on NS anyway.

Any notion of Cherry leading the party should be fired straight into the fucking sun.

Swinney is an intelligent man but doesn't look the part.  Angus Robertson is a good debater but I have heard that he's not the favourite of everyone in the party.  Cherry is very divisive (in a number of ways) so I can't see her getting the job.  I actually think Alyn Smith is the best choice when it comes up - if Scotland isn't independent by that time and the issue is still as major as it is now, the SNP need someone with charisma and that's what he has far more than the others.

Alyn Smith is as divisive as Cherry in the eyes of the other side.

Angus Robertson is who you would elect as leader 10 years ago. Able, competent, a good debater etc but I think Sturgeons genuine warmth and humanity is something people will want to look for in a leader years to come.

It's a shame Philippa Whitford isn't younger. 

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Alyn Smith is as divisive as Cherry in the eyes of the other side.

Angus Robertson is who you would elect as leader 10 years ago. Able, competent, a good debater etc but I think Sturgeons genuine warmth and humanity is something people will want to look for in a leader years to come.

It's a shame Philippa Whitford isn't younger. 

She’s a baby by US standards.

As others have pointed out despite what Douglas Ross or Tory media may think they cannot decide if FM resigns, that will purely be down to her own party.

The only way i can see that happening is if James Hamilton comes back and reports that she absolutely & deliberately broke the Ministerial code. Then her own party may think she has to go. Although personally i actually think they would still do better in May elections with her, than going in leaderless. Let's be honest if she resigns the Tory press will then amplify attacks on SNP and Independence  a hundred fold.

Jo Cherry may be divisive but IMO she's on the right side of an admittedly pointless, distracting non-debate we shouldn't be having. While being a Godless heathen myself, I have no problems with Kate Forbes. I've seen nothing to suggest that she wishes to impose her beliefs on anyone else. Angus Robertson is fine, but a bit last decade surely.