The 2nd best WrestleMania

TheGoon

On 02/03/2021 at 09:51, forameus said:

They've been utter guff since 32 though.

I don’t know, 33 was really good in the first half.

34 was another ok one. Only badly let down with towards the end with Braun and Nicolas shite and the main event.

35 was a solid full show imo. Obviously the woman’s main event was let down by a crummy ending and Charlotte being shoehorned in.

36 was terrible though for so many obvious reasons.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I don’t know, 33 was really good in the first half.

34 was another ok one. Only badly let down with towards the end with Braun and Nicolas shite and the main event.

35 was a solid full show imo. Obviously the woman’s main event was let down by a crummy ending and Charlotte being shoehorned in.

36 was terrible though for so many obvious reasons.

I think that shows the problem with the later ones.  They definitely weren't poor all the way through, but they really, really suffered in the second half for being far too long.  I'm hoping splitting over two nights lets them structure the shows a bit better.  You can put on an absolutely brilliant main event, but if everyone's just thinking about going home because they've been sitting in the baking sun for 9 hours, you're not going to get the same reaction.  Make it two 3-4 hour shows and they could be brilliant.

Went and actually looked at the cards for the latter ones, and without even going back to watch you can see when they fall off a cliff.  Great matches and moments spread through the show, but can't keep up the pace.  And 32-35, three main events ranging from disappointing to outright rancid.

The main problem is that they try to cram too many wrestlers on the show.

It means there's too many matches and, worse, too many meaningless matches.

In turn this means that Wrestlemania doesn't really mean anything either. It's just another PPV. It's still an attraction but means less and less in storyline tetms.

I think most of us are in agreement Mania 17 is the best WrestleMania there’s been, with probably a few shouts for 19 - but what comes after? 
30 gets a lot of love, and whilst it is a good show, I could never fully appreciate it live after Taker’s loss. Bryan only pulled me right back in at the end.
21 is pretty great show, 20 too. I’ve always had an odd soot spot for 24, probably less for the show and more the whole setting. 
What about everyone else? 
6 was the best

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2021 at 14:40, John Lambies Doos said:
On 01/03/2021 at 20:17, TheGoon said:
I think most of us are in agreement Mania 17 is the best WrestleMania there’s been, with probably a few shouts for 19 - but what comes after? 
30 gets a lot of love, and whilst it is a good show, I could never fully appreciate it live after Taker’s loss. Bryan only pulled me right back in at the end.
21 is pretty great show, 20 too. I’ve always had an odd soot spot for 24, probably less for the show and more the whole setting. 

6 was the best

6 was the first one I watched live and really enjoyed it so probably my 2nd favourite behind WM3.

3 was probably when WWF’s popularity was at its peak and the build up to the Hogan/Andre main event was brilliant. Also, the Savage/Steamboat match was, IMO, the greatest WM match of all time.

Wrestlemainia 20 will always be special for me because it was the one i saw at a normal time as i was in Florida watching in TGI Fridays. it was an amazing expirence, the place was jumping.. with Chicken WIngs all over!

The best is 17, just an amzing event. People sh!t on the Austin turn but i liked it.

2nd best for me is Wrestlemania 6. Being a kid watching it the Hogan v Warrior was the greatest match ever.

i was young at the time of WM 17, we taped it on sky sports using an old video that wasn't the best quality but it was enough to amaze us. The hardcore title. The TLC's. Rock, Austin, HHH, Kane, Taker and Kurt Angle wrestling weekly. We didn't realise how lucky we were.

its kinda true what has been said before, if you stopped watching after WM 17 you wouldn't of missed that much.

On 01/03/2021 at 20:17, TheGoon said:

I’m slightly biased but I’d have to go with Wrestlemania 20, mainly because I was there and I still have my seat from the event! 

C8BD5D00-14B7-4776-B614-15ED0A8510F8.jpeg