Financial collapse of Rangers FC in 2012

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The self delusion, even among apparently level headed and personable Rangers fans, is utterly astounding. Even 9 years after Rangers (1872) died.

Do not be fooled, there is no such thing. The mask is slipping and real persona gradually being revealed. Awful poster. 

Half answers, tiptoeing round things, ambiguous replies, attempts at derailment, deflection and whataboutery.

I am shocked that a Sevco fan behaves this way. Shocked.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What have they go to do with Rangers being liquidated?

Absolutely nothing. I just enjoyed the irony of an ICT fan moralising about this stuff when Norman Miller had to, erm, "acquire" the assets from Caledonian FC through completely "legitimate" means in order to create ICT.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I read that and gave you the benefit of the doubt that tongue was firmly in cheek.

Of course it's firmly in cheek. Anyone who's still arguing about this in 2021 and taking it seriously needs a slap.

2 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Do not be fooled, there is no such thing. The mask is slipping and real persona gradually being revealed. Awful poster. 

I really hope not, because I do remember sticking up for them when they first arrived and were getting the usual regen/alias etc chat from folk.

Generally I think he is pretty good value but eesht, not a good day at the office today, @G51

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I really hope not, because I do remember sticking up for them when they first arrived and were getting the usual regen/alias etc chat from folk.

Generally I think he is pretty good value but eesht, not a good day at the office today, @G51

He's falling into the category of a few Rangers fans I know who are level headed (and  G51 seems like he is) but turn into complete mess when someone mentions Rangers being liquidated.

He's going for the 'aye but what about....' angle.  Which is disappointing.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Of course it's firmly in cheek. Anyone who's still arguing about this in 2021 and taking it seriously needs a slap.

The old club/new club debate in isolation is boring, yes.

The impact of the whole events of 2012 are still very relevant to Scottish football though, so don't expect the conversation to disappear.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The old club/new club debate in isolation is boring, yes.

The impact of the whole events of 2012 are still very relevant to Scottish football though, so don't expect the conversation to disappear.

Suits me. Gives me time to develop this bit. Hoping it will eventually be as successful as @MJC's.

I try my best to stay away from these types of debate as it often achieves very little.

I am also a little conflicted on the matter due to my occupation. Let's just say that I wasn't the most popular person on my supporters bus when the Rangers tax case became prominent 😄

So, on that basis, I wholeheartedly appreciate that liquidation occurred. If people use that as their measure of whether Rangers are still the same club, then they should feel free to do so.

My opinion, is unsurprisingly different. I see my football club as a team to support, a place to go and be entertained with friends and family. That still exists for me and my feelings towards Rangers has not changed since 2012. The duck test is how I like to see it - If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck. So, if it looks like Rangers, plays like Rangers, sounds like Rangers and are hated like Rangers, then it probably is Rangers.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Suits me. Gives me time to develop this bit. Hoping it will eventually be as successful as @MJC's.

I mean, if you want a fine example of someone "losing the run of themselves", MJC is your guy. But if you're making yourself laugh, crack on I suppose.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I am also a little conflicted on the matter due to my occupation. Let's just say that I wasn't the most popular person on my supporters bus when the Rangers tax case became prominent 😄

oh god you're not a fucking facepainter are you?

21 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think Ric is a bit weird but he's completely right on this. I have no idea how or why so many people make accounts on here to plug dissertation surveys. If they care about football so much, why are they not P&B members already? If they're not P&B members, why do they care what P&B members think? How many other places are they flooding with their questions, and what effect does that have on their results? Going by the responses here it seems that this particular questionnaire isn't very well put together, and isn't as relevant to the situation it's asking questions about that the membership would like it to be. 

Rangers died. The university of Paisley is a joke. Carry on.

He/she should try Sevco media, or do a new one on the Covid shut down with 8 games to go for a certain maroon orientated forum with the initials JKB.

53 minutes ago, AJF said:

I try my best to stay away from these types of debate as it often achieves very little.

So, on that basis, I wholeheartedly appreciate that liquidation occurred. If people use that as their measure of whether Rangers are still the same club, then they should feel free to do so.

My opinion, is unsurprisingly different. I see my football club as a team to support, a place to go and be entertained with friends and family. That still exists for me and my feelings towards Rangers has not changed since 2012. The duck test is how I like to see it - If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck. So, if it looks like Rangers, plays like Rangers, sounds like Rangers and are hated like Rangers, then it probably is Rangers.

If that was true you wouldn't choose Rangers, oldco or newco, as the team to support. No danger you'd take your son or/and daughter to Ibrox and subject him/her/them to that toxic environment. Not if you had a semblance of decency in you anyway.