Financial collapse of Rangers FC in 2012

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I did the survey, but yeah, it's a bit of a shambles. I have no idea what you'll get from those questions.

The whole Italian football bit is completely irrelevant.

I sent in my answers.

Aye.

2 hours ago, Calum Montgomery said:

Hello everyone, I am a 4th year student at the University of the West of Scotland and I am writing my dissertation about the financial collapse of Rangers Football Club in 2012 and I was looking for some football fans to answer my questionnaire about this topic. All responses would be gratefully appreciated and no personal information will be taken from anyone who completes the questions. 

This questionnaire if voluntary and anonymous and by clicking this link you are agreeing to take part in the survey. 

Thank you for your time!

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=DQSIkWdsW0yxEjajBLZtrQAAAAAAAAAAAAZAALWMTP1UNVFMTFpHMjNFMlNYSDRaRlI0QlRNMTFUUC4u

What subject is the dissertation supposed to be in?

22 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The preamble on the survey said he was a fourth year accountancy student. 

It didn't look very accountancyish now you mention it. 

Looked a bit BRALTy. 

4 hours ago, Crawford said:

Happens a lot. Don't kick up a fuss though. "They" don't like it.

Yes, it does, far too often imo. Not sure who the "they" are you're talking about but whoever they are will no doubt be aware of my opinion on this matter.. ;)

4 hours ago, ropy said:

The supervisor seems to have disassociated himself with the exercise.

As is normally the case. Randoms come along ask for help when if they had spent some time reading and engaging with other P&B members they'd have gleaned a lot more than some spurious survey would provide. Even to the point where it would allow them to tailor the questions on that survey.

I know people think I'm being a bit of a miserable c**t here, but it's all about give and take. I'm certainly not stopping others from answering their survey (although, I've always found online anonymous surveys to be the lowest possible threshold for data collection - pretty sketchy for a higher report while being on the cusp of amateurish when it's for a dissertation), however I feel that if you are to use P&B as a resource you should at least contribute to the "collective whole" as it were.

Normally these people disappear like snow off a dyke, never to be seen again, and sure there's no crime in that, just seems a bit shan, imo of course.

Edited by Ric

I think Ric is a bit weird but he's completely right on this. I have no idea how or why so many people make accounts on here to plug dissertation surveys. If they care about football so much, why are they not P&B members already? If they're not P&B members, why do they care what P&B members think? How many other places are they flooding with their questions, and what effect does that have on their results? Going by the responses here it seems that this particular questionnaire isn't very well put together, and isn't as relevant to the situation it's asking questions about that the membership would like it to be. 

Rangers died. The university of Paisley is a joke. Carry on.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think Ric is a bit weird but he's completely right on this. I have no idea how or why so many people make accounts on here to plug dissertation surveys. If they care about football so much, why are they not P&B members already? If they're not P&B members, why do they care what P&B members think? How many other places are they flooding with their questions, and what effect does that have on their results? Going by the responses here it seems that this particular questionnaire isn't very well put together, and isn't as relevant to the situation it's asking questions about that the membership would like it to be. 

Presumably there's a roaming lecturer going about Scotland's institutions of higher learning who's a heavy user of P&B and insists that their classes write at least one paper on Scottish football.

No doubt they're massively popular.

8 minutes ago, RH33 said:

That questionnaire is horrendous, my P7 son could construct it better.

See the source image

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I got about 10 questions in and then stopped. Horrendously written questionnaire. Good luck writing a dissertation.

I thought that too, but I ploughed on.

Just now, 10menwent2mow said:

I got about 10 questions in and then stopped. Horrendously written questionnaire. Good luck writing a dissertation.

How high do they set the bar? I've genuinely no idea. The OP must have an inkling he'll reach the required standard. I find it hard to believe universities would accept shite like that. I always thought they were for clever people.

I remember a teacher telling us to write a review of a book we'd read, with the caveat, no football books. My plans to review The Shoot annual were brought to an abrupt halt.

Calum, Rangers died.

They were not relegated. They were not 'placed' in any league. As a new club, Sevco had to apply to play in the Third Division  the vacancy caused by Rangers dying, and were unfairly given preference over clubs who had been waiting for years to apply after previous failed applications.

As noted, it was hilarious. I wish this version, Sevco, would die just like Rangers did.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I hope it's something like "Interpretative Dance Through The Ages", because if it's Accountancy or Business the piss-poor questionnaire is a sad commentary on today's course entrance requirements.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

New member dissertation requests should be redirected as deadpool entries and paid out as a 1 point winner.

Edited by LincolnHearts