Livingston vs Rangers 03/03 6pm

8 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

Possibly but I genuinely don't think he's joking.

I do worry there is a bit of the sectarian in him.

If I'm being honest only once been annoyed by Rangers and it wasn't really their fault tbh.

They came to re-open our ground in 2003 and I ended up raging that more of my townsfolk were supporting your club than their hometown club but that happens all over the world. 

Just annoyed me a wee bit(that and the 5-1 defeat).

To be fair to your club they waved their match fee for club funds which was a classy touch

I remember a Rangers reserve team coming to play Selkirk (local to me) and I went to it as did a few hundred local Rangers fans 😂 

Pay at the gate though so that's probably what allowed them to get O'Connor years later..

6 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

Really?

Your anti-Celtic stance is based on a hatred of what they appear to believe in.

You clearly have a preference for Rangers so you have made yourself look rather stupid.

Don't know why I'm even bothering with you.

You are just a bloody clown.

My anti-Celtic stance is based on the manner in which that club and a lot of their followers act. That being to try and play a victim card whenever things don’t go their way in order to try and influence others. And unfortunately they are very successful at doing so.

My ‘preference’ for Rangers is simply down to the fact that they are not Celtic and that they are the only club that can stop them winning the league title, thus putting their gas firmly at a peep. I’m no lover or supporter of Rangers but I do enjoy the misery that they are capable of inflicting on Celtic (in particular) and a lot of the muppets who are utterly obsessed with them. 

Just now, MJC said:

My anti-Celtic stance is based on the manner in which that club and a lot of their followers act. That being to try and play a victim card whenever things don’t go their way in order to try and influence others. And unfortunately they are very successful at doing so.

My ‘preference’ for Rangers is simply down to the fact that they are not Celtic and that they are the only club that can stop them winning the league title, thus putting their gas firmly at a peep. I’m no lover or supporter of Rangers but I do enjoy the misery that they are capable of inflicting on Celtic (in particular) and a lot of the muppets who are utterly obsessed with them. 

I smell shite. 

Haven't you noticed the paranoia and everybody hates us coming out of Ibrox the last 10 years?

Didn't Gerrard try to influence refs with his claims?

Any reason you didn't call that blatant attempt out?

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I remember a Rangers reserve team coming to play Selkirk (local to me) and I went to it as did a few hundred local Rangers fans 😂 

Pay at the gate though so that's probably what allowed them to get O'Connor years later..

I just don't get it if I'm being honest.

I know we mostly support who our family support but the thought of having to constantly travel hundreds of miles to a game when I've got a team 5mins from my house but each to their own.

4 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Goodness me, surprise surprise, another forum hijacked by people who have no vested interest in the actual topic but would rather do OF points scoring. Bugger off to your own teams forum unless you want to comment on the actual game.

OK Stalin. 

4 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Goodness me, surprise surprise, another forum hijacked by people who have no vested interest in the actual topic but would rather do OF points scoring. Bugger off to your own teams forum unless you want to comment on the actual game.

Sevco thread, unavoidable. 

Gerrard saying in his interview with RTV that Rangers prepared for the high Livingston line and wanted to drop balls in behind it and turn the Livi centre backs.

That likely explains why Arfield was selected instead of Hagi - Hagi isn't blessed with great pace, and Arfield is a guy who makes those runs.

4 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

I just don't get it if I'm being honest.

I know we mostly support who our family support but the thought of having to constantly travel hundreds of miles to a game when I've got a team 5mins from my house but each to their own.

Well I used to do the travel to Glasgow in my younger years but now I'm a shameless tv and stream viewer, will hopefully get another ST sometime in the next few years as im more financially stable but as you say im a Rangers fan because of my dad, I've also moved around various places in my younger years then settled in the Borders, I was born in Leeds but only lived there for 2 years so have zero affinity with them,  i watch the local team occasionally but would I f**k abandon Rangers to go all in on some team that doesn't mean the same to me. 

I'd agree with having a pop at glory hunters over local team supportets generally speaking but I think family ties trump that tbf. 

Edited by Stormzy

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Well I used to do the travel to Glasgow in my younger years but now I'm a shameless tv and stream viewer, will hopefully get another ST sometime in the next few years as im more financially stable but as you say im a Rangers fan because of my dad, I've also moved around various places in my younger years then settled in the Borders, I was born in Leeds but only lived there for 2 years so have zero affinity with them,  i watch the local team occasionally but would I f**k abandon Rangers to go all in on some team that doesn't mean the same to me. 

I'd agree with having a pop at glory hunters over local team supportets generally speaking but I think family ties trump that tbf. 

Yeah don't disagree with that.

My dad was Beith through and through even being born in the year we were formed(1938).

If he had supported Rangers or Celtic then no doubt I would as well.

He was probably the only man I have seen who cheered Rangers and Celtic goals as loudly when they were playing in European competition. 

1 hour ago, WilliamBragg said:

Having a preference for a team you don't support is particularly sad.

What absolute crap. Are you genuinely claiming that if you're watching a game on TV you have absolutely no preference as to who wins?

Bugger, close but no cigar.

Much better defending set pieces, Stryjek had a better game too, still needing to do better with our own set pieces, though we did put one right through their 6 yard box that just needed a foot on it. 

As expected Sevco put us under a bit of pressure in spells, and prob should've scored before they did, but although we rode our luck at times i thought a draw would've been a deserved point had we managed to hold on, good effort anyway. Need to put the same performance into the Motherwell game now, and try and get the top 6 spot wrapped up on Sat.

Anyone hear the stuff McGregor was supposed to be coming out with? According to David Edgar who was at the match:

At Half-Time incident- ‘that’s what’s wrong with this country!’

At his booking - ‘this is discrimination!’

I demand he is mic’d up at Parkhead. Charge us what you like to listen Rangers, we’ll pay it.

Absolutely love that psycho. Morelos isn't the biggest shithouse in this Rangers team.