Livingston vs Rangers 03/03 6pm

I'd very much like to see how Mullin handles a central role as he's another with a great eye for a pass. 

I'd like to see us take a gamble and give Kouider-Aissa a chance in a game like this.

Mullin is one of the players I alluded to that seem too comfortable in their position and aren't performing at high levels to ensure they keep it.

SKA has barely kicked a ball this season...it would be a ridiculous decision to play him in a game like this. The only player, other than Robbo that I think has a chance at causing issues is Poplatnik. JET might do a job coming off the bench against tired legs

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Mullin is one of the players I alluded to that seem too comfortable in their position and aren't performing at high levels to ensure they keep it.

SKA has barely kicked a ball this season...it would be a ridiculous decision to play him in a game like this. The only player, other than Robbo that I think has a chance at causing issues is Poplatnik. JET might do a job coming off the bench against tired legs

The issue with both is that neither of them are good in the air. If we keep the ball on the ground then sure but we will absolutely persist with long balls yet again

I'd very much like to see how Mullin handles a central role as he's another with a great eye for a pass. 

I'd like to see us take a gamble and give Kouider-Aissa a chance in a game like this.

Just a heads up folks that this one is a 6pm kick off. Threw me a wee bit when I went to go check - I know they've become common this season but I keep forgetting that.

Will edit the title to include that.

The issue with both is that neither of them are good in the air. If we keep the ball on the ground then sure but we will absolutely persist with long balls yet again
I can't understand why we didn't give Lars more of a chance. Looked decent in the air and have us a good bit of presence up front. Yeah he was still raw but he would have fit our tactics better. Even sending Jack Hamilton back out on loan seems bizarre with how we're trying to use Robbo

21 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

I can't understand why we didn't give Lars more of a chance. Looked decent in the air and have us a good bit of presence up front. Yeah he was still raw but he would have fit our tactics better. Even sending Jack Hamilton back out on loan seems bizarre with how we're trying to use Robbo

Absolutely, Jack or Lars would be better than the options we have right now (for the system we play). Big tall striker is the main target in the summer surely

Absolutely, Jack or Lars would be better than the options we have right now (for the system we play). Big tall striker is the main target in the summer surely
Big, tall, MOBILE, striker surely...we have a big, tall striker in JET. It's a good thing we have a plastic pitch or JET might have rooted into the turf

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:
3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Big, tall, MOBILE, striker surely...we have a big, tall striker in JET. It's a good thing we have a plastic pitch or JET might have rooted into the turf

Done some basic entry level scouting on it and there's a boy at Motherwell on loan from Northampton that'd fit our system perfectly. Harry Smith, 6'5, 25, wins about 13 headers on average a game (far higher than anyone else in the English League 1). Mobile and decent with the ball at his feet, has good link up play. Out of contract 2022 but has only played 5 games or so for Motherwell due to an injury. Would love to see us at least asking the question as he's already been up here on loan 

Done some basic entry level scouting on it and there's a boy at Motherwell on loan from Northampton that'd fit our system perfectly. Harry Smith, 6'5, 25, wins about 13 headers on average a game (far higher than anyone else in the English League 1). Mobile and decent with the ball at his feet, has good link up play. Out of contract 2022 but has only played 5 games or so for Motherwell due to an injury. Would love to see us at least asking the question as he's already been up here on loan 
I'd be reluctant to pin our hopes on a loan striker after having Sarkic and Brown whipped off us when they were huge players for us

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
20 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'd be reluctant to pin our hopes on a loan striker after having Sarkic and Brown whipped off us when they were huge players for us

True but not sure in the current climate that we'd have many better options

Up for this one now.

Not sure whether Martindale will try to replicate the tactics from the 0-0 in August, or whether he'll try and press us a bit more. If I was him, I'd be pressing.

Up for this one now.
Not sure whether Martindale will try to replicate the tactics from the 0-0 in August, or whether he'll try and press us a bit more. If I was him, I'd be pressing.
Not sure that game can be taken as a marker for 2 reasons.
1. Holt was the manager back then
2. We had to change our tactics and lineup last minute with Lyndon Dykes being pulled out and we threw in a young guy with very little top flight experience.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Not sure that game can be taken as a marker for 2 reasons.
1. Holt was the manager back then
2. We had to change our tactics and lineup last minute with Lyndon Dykes being pulled out and we threw in a young guy with very little top flight experience.

I know aye, but the general principle of going with a low block and crowding the middle of the pitch is one Livi have used a few times against us.

35 minutes ago, G51 said:

McGregor, Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, Kent, Morelos is the team.

Balogun doesn't make the bench.

That will do nicely. Aribo has had some joy there before and good to see Patterson and Arfield in.

Can see us dropping points tonight. I didn't see Livi at the weekend but I'm fully expecting them to put in a wee bit more effort in to tonight's game. 

Edited by Stormzy