Hamilton Accies v The Trophy Laden Saviours of Scottish Football

If St Johnstone have let the players get pissed and we don't win tonight I will be mightily pissed off. Steve Clarke did it with Scotland and it's just amateurish shite. Total amateurish. Callum would go down a few notches in my estimation.

End of the season,  when they make Europe is the time to party. 

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

If St Johnstone have let the players get pissed and we don't win tonight I will be mightily pissed off. Steve Clarke did it with Scotland and it's just amateurish shite. Total amateurish. Callum would go down a few notches in my estimation.

I really don’t think Callum is the type to do that! He might have given them Monday off, but he strikes me as a consummate professional who wants to win games of football thankfully. 

Either way, this won’t be an easy game. Hamilton had hit some form and have had a 10 day break. That’ll be good or bad I suspect, whereas chances are we’ll make a few changes. The changes shouldn’t weaken us too badly though since our bench is looking a lot healthier and the likes of Tanser, Melamed and May have played the majority of the recent games. Brown will come in I’d say, but possibly at centreback?

The players had 2 hours after final whistle at Hampden for a few beers then were all home by early evening. Few of us had big Zander on a zoom chat on Sunday evening about 930/10pm and he was home drinking a cup of tea as all had to drive to training first thing Monday.

17 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

The players had 2 hours after final whistle at Hampden for a few beers then were all home by early evening. Few of us had big Zander on a zoom chat on Sunday evening about 930/10pm and he was home drinking a cup of tea as all had to drive to training first thing Monday.

Good, professional athletes being professional athletes. That Scotland situation really bothered me, unprofessional as f**k. As someone who has enjoyed an unorthodox lifestyle when it comes to substance abuse I at least know where and when to partake and certainly know where/when not to.

On 02/03/2021 at 10:16, tree house tam said:

343 but with Middleton and May either side of Melamed. Baws oot with intent to score more than 5.

Clark

Brown  Kerr  Gordon  McCart  Tanser

McCann  Bryson

Middleton  Melamed  May

Keeps with a preferred shape nobody really out of position apart from maybe Melamed, but he's show he can do the hold up and link up stuff. 

Gives the WB's, Spoony and Kane a rest and Conway / Craig might not have 2 games in 4 days in them. 

Eight hours of Sturgeon political drama followed by footballing theatre here from the league cup winners. What a day.

I like the Middleton Melamed May front three touted above but would probably bring in Wotherspoon for either of the outside two if he feels up to 70 mins here, still an important game for us. Hope we’ll see Gilmour given some minutes at some stage too, if he isn’t given a shot it will all feel a bit pointless if he just leaves at the end of the season. Especially since his competition are all 30+ years old

28 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Eight hours of Sturgeon political drama followed by footballing theatre here from the league cup winners. What a day.

I like the Middleton Melamed May front three touted above but would probably bring in Wotherspoon for either of the outside two if he feels up to 70 mins here, still an important game for us. Hope we’ll see Gilmour given some minutes at some stage too, if he isn’t given a shot it will all feel a bit pointless if he just leaves at the end of the season. Especially since his competition are all 30+ years old

Expect he'll start to feature when we're properly safe and/or top 6 is dead. 

Not seen much of Ferguson either, would hope he'll get some game time. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

It's usually around this time of year we help Accies out in their perennial relegation battle but f**k that, let's pump these fuckers.

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Interested to see how effective May running into channels, while Melamed loiters in the box, is.

Hamilton seem to have a weird defensive line sometimes and their FBs end up in no man's land.

Fairly strong line up and the more attacking (imo) formation. Of those rested, there's an argument Tanser may have started this anyways, Bryson suits filling McCann's role in this formation rather than being alongside him. Will miss Kane's running but a chance for May to give the manager a reminder. Be interesting to see how him and Melamed do together.

Also, something very Hamilton Accies about making a big fuss about Jamie Hamiltons red card, successfully appealing it to get him available for tonight, and then he doesn't even make the squad.

Of all the players to get a rest, it's the duracell bunny McCann! Guess Craig only moves about 20 feet either side these days so can play 2 in a row. Suspect Wotherspoon will get an hour or so, see how it's going and can bring either MoH or Middleton on I suppose. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also, something very Hamilton Accies about making a big fuss about Jamie Hamiltons red card, successfully appealing it to get him available for tonight, and then he doesn't even make the squad.

Was just about to say this .. why no Hamilton ? 
That lets Odoffin play in the middle...

32 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Fulton
Odoffin Martin Easton
Hodson Trafford Martin McMann
Callachan
Moyo Anderson

I would've preferred Odoffin in midfield for Trafford and Stirling coming in at CB.

Why no Jamie Hamilton ? 
play him at CB and Odoffin in the middle...

2 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

Was just about to say this .. why no Hamilton ? 
That lets Odoffin play in the middle...

Hopefully you've dropped him to make a point after his red card 😂