Next Ayr United manager

Points to Hopkin being appointed and him brining McElhone?

Could be Hopkin but I don’t think his wee pal will be coming with him.

Morton won’t have bothered putting that in a statement only for him to leave in the next day or so. Whoever it is will have told Smith who they intend to bring in and those negotiations will be underway.

34 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Wow - hadnt even thought of that angle.  Strangely enough I really didn't want Gus to get the Ayr job, but now feel a bit more worried about going down now that he has the Morton one.  

Yeah if it doesn't get announced tomorrow for whatever reason  that'll be everyone jumping to the conclusion that we were after MacPherson lol

I’m no going to write this again.....David Hopkin is the new manager, with Anton McElhone as assistant.
This will be announced tomorrow officially.
Morton have had to replace McElhone quicker than they anticipated because Hopkin has approached him to rejoin him at ourselves. I think Morton were hoping to plod along with him until the end of the season.
So aye, new manager is Hopkin with McElhone as assistant.

The Office No GIF
Edited by rb123!

5 hours ago, rb123! said:

Don't want to cause concern here however in my desperate attempts of finding clues for tomorrow i see Dougie Imrie has recently followed the club on twitter....

He's under 18's coach at Hamilton Accies

its happening the office GIF

Martin Canning hasn’t had much of a mention....

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Don't want to cause concern here however in my desperate attempts of finding clues for tomorrow i see Dougie Imrie has recently followed the club on twitter....

He's under 18's coach at Hamilton Accies

its happening the office GIF

I noticed that too. Colne manager Nathan Rooney also followed us and he was previously First Team Coach at Carlisle United under Mr Pressley.

Although both happened before everyone had been interviewed so probably doesn't mean anything.

Im really hoping its someone that no one has mentioned yet, just for the WTF moment, like a Gary Teale & Stevo double act (with his gran on scouting duties) or Andy Walker deciding to give being a manager is better gig than being a pundit. 🤣

Seriously though, im still wondering on the comment from Smith, and hoping its someone above the level of McIntyre or Hopkin

Edited by honestly united