Next Ayr United manager

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Really? The night before we announce? Surely too much of a coincidence.

I guess we'll see tomorrow, but if we are linking Morton keeping their former assistant & caretaker manager in another role as proof we have Hopkin as manager then I don't understand the rules of this puzzle. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I guess we'll see tomorrow, but if we are linking Morton keeping their former assistant & caretaker manager in another role as proof we have Hopkin as manager then I don't understand the rules of this puzzle. 

This. Morton aren’t going to lie to their fans and tell them Anton is staying just so it doesn’t spoil our announcement tomorrow. 

It may well still be Hopkin but the Morton announcement hasn’t made it any more or less likely imo. 

I'm going for Levein, not a fan of his playing style but I'm quite sure he would get a lot out our current squad. 

The usual names don't even raise my pulse by a beat. 

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This. Morton aren’t going to lie to their fans and tell them Anton is staying just so it doesn’t spoil our announcement tomorrow. 

It may well still be Hopkin but the Morton announcement hasn’t made it any more or less likely imo. 

The Morton owner fucking despises the fans, he would say anything to them.

7 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The Morton owner fucking despises the fans, he would say anything to them.

Well I'm sure you can ask all about it at the imminent supporters Q&A

48 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm going for Levein, not a fan of his playing style but I'm quite sure he would get a lot out our current squad. 

The usual names don't even raise my pulse by a beat.

Both Levein and Billy Dodds categorically denied they were in the running on the radio last night. It was pointed out that it would be extremely unusual for a manager-in-waiting to be sitting in a booth doing commentary instead of in the stands.

Also, and I cannot stress this hard enough, f**k Levein. If the club are going to be shit and never score goals then they might as well pick some gormless pro on the verge of retirement who can barely string a sentence together, instead of having that p***k firmly state that up was down and black was white after every performance.

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Both Levein and Billy Dodds categorically denied they were in the running on the radio last night. It was pointed out that it would be extremely unusual for a manager-in-waiting to be sitting in a booth doing commentary instead of in the stands.

Also, and I cannot stress this hard enough, f**k Levein. If the club are going to be shit and never score goals then they might as well pick some gormless pro on the verge of retirement who can barely string a sentence together, instead of having that p***k firmly state that up was down and black was white after every performance.

I don’t recall either of them saying anything of the sort.

24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The club have been shit when they've opted for shit, Levein is many things but he knows what he's doing compared to most of the dross I've watched picking our team over the last 40 years. 

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

In keeping with the absolute unpredictable shitshow that the Championship has been this season we might as well top it by appointing Gus MacPherson tomorrow. 

Maybe that was your plan...

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

In keeping with the absolute unpredictable shitshow that the Championship has been this season we might as well top it by appointing Gus MacPherson tomorrow. 

Thankfully Morton have saved us from that fete, all the fun of the fair in Greenock. 

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Maybe that was your plan...

Wow - hadnt even thought of that angle.  Strangely enough I really didn't want Gus to get the Ayr job, but now feel a bit more worried about going down now that he has the Morton one.