Next Ayr United manager

Believe me you’ll wish you’d got James McPake. Oh ma fuckin sides!!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I think I’d wish for genital warts before James McPake.

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

If its mcintyre I hope he gets his killie tattoo covered up. 

At the risk of being whooshed, are you not talking about Gary Holt?

3 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Are we just assuming it's McIntyre from the bookies recent odds or has someone itk hinted at it?

Didn't Ayr release a statement saying they'd accept applications until today? You'd imagine they'll have not even interviewed yet unless they've headhunted a preferred candidate?

Didn't Ayr release a statement saying they'd accept applications until today? You'd imagine they'll have not even interviewed yet unless they've headhunted a preferred candidate?

They started interviewing last week.

As I said on another thread, if anyone is waiting until today to get their CV in then I wouldn’t bother talking to them.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

......if anyone is waiting until today to get their CV in then I wouldn’t bother talking to them.

Unless a demoralised Pepe Guardiola wants a new start 😜. Come on you Ayr. 

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They started interviewing last week.

As I said on another thread, if anyone is waiting until today to get their CV in then I wouldn’t bother talking to them.

Absolute agree, it should be a case of ranking preferred candidates/targets early doors and only chopping them off if an exceptional candidate appears. 

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's nothing stopping them interviewing candidates as they apply AFAIK. The deadline (which is indeed today) simply means that applicants after that point won't be considered.

That said, I disagree with prejudging late applicants. If you're looking outside the tiny circle of presently-unemployed central-belt lower tier managers, as you should, then who knows when someone is going to have gotten the word, or put together their application.