Next Ayr United manager

Could we even afford Pressley? 
I'd assume he would want a big budget for this league that we probably couldn't afford.

Maybe we are underestimating the intent from the chairman and the amount that he is willing to invest into the club.

As far as I’m aware we are debt free now, so maybe it’s gamble time?

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Could we even afford Pressley? 

I'd assume he would want a big budget for this league that we probably couldn't afford.

Mentioned quite a few pages ago that in essence we should be an attractive stepping stone for someone looking to rebuild their career or take the next step. Pressley looks very much like someone in that category of needing somewhere to regroup, show what he's capable of and hopefully get a chance somewhere bigger 2 or 3 years down the line. We need to remain realistic that anyone who comes in and does a decent enough job whether consistent playoffs finishes or going one better will likely be poached at some point.  

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely to f**k we’re not actually appointing Pressley.

I would imagine that would depend on whether he interviewed and, if so, how impressive/realistic his vision for the club was during the interview.

I would imagine that would depend on whether he interviewed and, if so, how impressive/realistic his vision for the club was during the interview.

He comes across as an absolute twat anytime I’ve seen him so it’s hard to imagine him coming across any other way in an interview.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

I’d like to think his track record of serial failure would also be looked at.  Talk of Pressley is surely a wind up.

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Maybe we are underestimating the intent from the chairman and the amount that he is willing to invest into the club.

As far as I’m aware we are debt free now, so maybe it’s gamble time?

Mark Kerr was a gamble and look where that's got us. Now is certainly not the time to be gambling, for me.

On 02/03/2021 at 11:11, D'Jaffo said:

Do we seriously consider Robertson?

I’ve no idea what the standard of football is like in that league and there’s no doubt he was entertaining enough in the documentary but that doesn’t justify interviewing him.

On 02/03/2021 at 11:25, Superhursy7 said:

Robertson's record looks okay with a 52.27% win rate but again what's the standard like over there and the logistics getting him here from India during a global pandemic make it very unlikely.

Not that I'm aware of how good the standard is over there, but as an indicator his son Mason gets a game every week and he only ever reached the heady heights of playing for Peterhead over here. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Who mentioned Pressley, RB did a few pages ago and that's been it. I think.

Doesn't take much to get chat started.

Scenes if he's right though

I only said his name as a mere suggestion because he popped into my head and half jokingly said him since he wasn't on the bookies list...

Now he's 3/1,,,, oh no this could backfire......

ouch GIF

Edited by rb123!