Next Ayr United manager

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Thought the interviews would have started before the weekend tbh, looks unlikely anyone coming in will have much of an impact before Tuesday away to Raith

Even though Monday was closing date , most decent candidates will have had  CV in before now , I believe there will be very few who get to interview stage , the club by now I would think have their candidate in place and only an extraordinary CV being put in ( highly unlikely) would change that 

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Even though Monday was closing date , most decent candidates will have had  CV in before now , I believe there will be very few who get to interview stage , the club by now I would think have their candidate in place and only an extraordinary CV being put in ( highly unlikely) would change that 

Or a phone call from Neil Lennon putting a good word in for someone lol

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Well this is getting a bit boring

McBookie betting odds aren't available on the website anymore, wonder if they know something we don't.....

The last I saw was that they had cut Hopkin to 6/4 fav and had McIntyre as 2nd fav at 5/1.

Again, I'd point out that although 6/4 to 5's is a big jump, 6/4 against is still far from certain from a market perspective and if they had any sort of idea or had received any sort of big money, they'd be looking at 1/5 on or thereabouts.

Having said that, if they've closed the market then it might be a done deal one way or another.

Edited as hadn't read down to see odds back up, as such they've got no more clue than us.

Edited by WATTOO

54 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Or a phone call from Neil Lennon putting a good word in for someone lol

After this season that would surely have someone removed from the pile? 

Just watched AVFTT from last week over lunchtime, Danny Lennon came across really well as a mental lovable type. Could see him being a good motivator in alot of ways that is maybe what we need in a dogfight. Not sure how he'd pan out though over the longer term. 

Edited by Hawk89

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Thought the interviews would have started before the weekend tbh, looks unlikely anyone coming in will have much of an impact before Tuesday away to Raith

Heard some interviews have been done ( can carry them out awaiting any further applications) makes me think new guy will likely be announced before Monday night 

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

Davie White said today in midweek update that he hasn't applied for the job, thank f**k for that lol

I don’t really understand the hate for White. Don’t think he’s ever stated he’d want the job, his stints in coaching within the first team have only been to support them, not because he was hand picked. Has overseen the academy which has produced players that have racked probably upwards of 1000 appearances for the club and our youth teams have won a few trophy’s and competed well above some of the “premier” teams. It’s the club who has probably let him and the academy down by letting our academy graduates walk away for f**k all! Just because Scott McLaughlin (who was the first to be punted by McCall remember) didn’t like him, doesn’t mean squat. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I don’t really understand the hate for White. Don’t think he’s ever stated he’d want the job, his stints in coaching within the first team have only been to support them, not because he was hand picked. Has overseen the academy which has produced players that have racked probably upwards of 1000 appearances for the club and our youth teams have won a few trophy’s and competed well above some of the “premier” teams. It’s the club who has probably let him and the academy down by letting our academy graduates walk away for f**k all! Just because Scott McLaughlin (who was the first to be punted by McCall remember) didn’t like him, doesn’t mean squat. 

He probably doesn’t get a good name after the way the Roberts era ended. Most failed management teams usually leave, make a fresh start elsewhere and get airbrushed to an extent. If you were to compare his time in football and our last assistant manager then White has more about him imo. Yet not so long ago one was hailed as some sort of guru and White written off 

9 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

He probably doesn’t get a good name after the way the Roberts era ended. Most failed management teams usually leave, make a fresh start elsewhere and get airbrushed to an extent. If you were to compare his time in football and our last assistant manager then White has more about him imo. Yet not so long ago one was hailed as some sort of guru and White written off 

He was only part of the Roberts coaching staff to help with the transition of youth players into the first team. Something Roberts ignored and just signed a load of his mates. I believe that’s where the breakdown came between them. Along with him assisting coaching for both Kerr and Roberts, he’s still doing his main job as Head of Youth Development. When the new manager arrives it would be best for him to bring in his own assistant and coaches. Under McCall, White was going and watching future opponents and doing match scouting on occasions. 

I'm not all that sure about White tbh.

Surely the measure of his success is the Academy's performance? How does it compare to our peer group in terms of performance? I'd imagine this is measured objectively somewhere (maybe by the SFA?). Without that it's hard to judge the success or otherwise.

I know we are one of the few clubs to invest in an Academy at this level which has to be a positive. Equally, though its not like our first team is bursting with home grown talent (McCowan aside).  I do accept a couple of seasons back we had Forrest & Crawford as well. There have been many others but they have been fringe/squad players. There have also been some players who have left before breaking into the team and had good careers elsewhere.

I think having an Academy is a great thing, just not sure how relatively successful it is.

19 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

From memory I think it was Kerr, Stewart, McIntyre, Sheerin, Young and Canning.

Canning apparently dropped out of the running by his own choice after being interviewed.

Jonatan Johansson was interviewed and impressed last time round. 

Not sure where the idea came from that there could be an appointment before this weekend or even before the deadline for applications on Monday. Thursday next week most likely, all going to plan. 

Forrest, Crawford and McCowan are the only ones that I can think of that have went on to have success, the jury is still out on Finn Ecrepont we have been told for about the last four seasons that he was going to be the next big thing but both McCall and Kerr have not played him and I'm not to sure how he's got on at Albion Rovers on loan.