Next Ayr United manager

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

They expecting a #imminent announcement

Interviews starting this week i believe but hadn't heard anything about an appointment being likely before next week or that there was even a favourite at the moment 

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Interviews starting this week i believe but hadn't heard anything about an appointment being likely before next week or that there was even a favourite at the moment 

Just seems a bit strange McBookie would take down the betting market if they're not aware of an appointment very soon, strange one

Just now, rb123! said:

Just seems a bit strange McBookie would take down the betting market if they're not aware of an appointment very soon, strange one

Normally prices are taking down when they have an overwhelming favourite and major money being invested , to prevent  potential money laundering etc 

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Aye definitely.   The manager market is absolite lottery shit so you'd think they would be happy milking folk's random £10 guesses until as late as possible...

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I believe there is a strong favourite 

50 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well this is getting a bit boring

McBookie betting odds aren't available on the website anymore, wonder if they know something we don't.....

McBookie's odds at this level are often heavily influenced by just a few bets.

Not uncommon for them to suspend the betting, probably after a couple of similar bets in quick succession through fear of an imminent rinsing.

No doubt resume it later when bugger all happens.

I’d imagine Murray and Robertson moving closer are because of the articles naming them as being on a shortlist. I really don’t mind Murray getting an interview right now just out of interest but I don’t think it’ll be him.

The fact that there is a big favourite makes me think it will be a big appointment. Not big as in Zidane or Lampard....but big as in a name has came in that could be huge for the club.

For example, Seeing McCoist on the list, who has a “questionable” managerial record would be huge for the club in terms of profile.

The names on the list don’t scream outright favourite in footballing terms so for there to be one, I think it must be a name that there was a bit of a surprise they were interested. 

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Odds back up on McBookie. 

D9D646A6-89C3-47FE-B1C6-AEFA6C36D5D0.png

Odds on Hopkin not moved from yesterday , so obviously no big money put on him in last 24hrs , if he was a certainty I believe someone would have invested heavily at 6/4 , McBookie are not the most reputable bookmakers ( just look at their customer reviews) trying to get  you to put your money on Hopkin to make them  a profit , makes me think it’s someone else 

Edited by Robbo63

Did we ever get the full 6? 

From memory I think it was Kerr, Stewart, McIntyre, Sheerin, Young and Canning.

Canning apparently dropped out of the running by his own choice after being interviewed.