Next Ayr United manager

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

You obviously can’t give away any names but would you be happy with appointment and does it fit the bill as experienced? 

I would be happy with about 5 guys mentioned , the name given is experienced, but don’t take it as a done deal ,as I have seen nothing official saying date has changed , it could be out of applications so far he has identified who it would be , but waiting to see if anyone better applies , normally on closing date applications people get their CVs in very quickly 

20 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If the information I have just been told is correct , I have just wasted £20 at McBookies, told the person has been identified and could be before Saturday possibly, decent source but has been known to get it horribly wrong on the odd occasion 

Does Danny Lennon know if your source said it was Danny Lennon or not?

9 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Would never release a name giving in confidence based on volunteering role at club , this did not come from someone related to our club , code of conduct at Ayr is superb now and can’t see anyone employed by the club releasing anything before official press release 

I was a wee bit worried when you were sticking your cash on. 

I think McCall was always a long shot and I’m not sure he would’ve been all that great an appointment. No denying his managed at a higher level than us but I have a feeling a lot of our signings would’ve been from down south and that can be dangerous when they aren’t all used to how different the game is up here. Not saying it’s great quality but it’s definitely quicker and more hectic.

Jim McIntyre will see some moaning and groaning and will probably have us infested with Dundee fans laughing at us but the guy does have a good track record before Dundee and would probably see us safe and, if backed by Smith, could build a solid enough team to go and challenge.

Remembering back to when he was previously in the running and I’m sure Dunfermline fans said he had them playing some pretty decent football but lost his job after he got them promoted.

If the information I have just been told is correct , I have just wasted £20 at McBookies, told the person has been identified and could be before Saturday possibly, decent source but has been known to get it horribly wrong on the odd occasion 

Can I ask when they’ve got it horribly wrong in the past?

If it’s happening this quickly then it would point to an already out of work manager possibly.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think McCall was always a long shot and I’m not sure he would’ve been all that great an appointment. No denying his managed at a higher level than us but I have a feeling a lot of our signings would’ve been from down south and that can be dangerous when they aren’t all used to how different the game is up here. Not saying it’s great quality but it’s definitely quicker and more hectic.

Jim McIntyre will see some moaning and groaning and will probably have us infested with Dundee fans laughing at us but the guy does have a good track record before Dundee and would probably see us safe and, if backed by Smith, could build a solid enough team to go and challenge.

Remembering back to when he was previously in the running and I’m sure Dunfermline fans said he had them playing some pretty decent football but lost his job after he got them promoted.

You keep mentioning McCall and it is frying my brain as you don't mention his first name.

I am guessing it is not McIntyre then, he was a certainty to apply so they would have just asked him rather than open it up to applicants. Even if it was out of respect to Kerr, they could have waited till midweek and then done it. Unless they have spoken to him and he's doing it for free for a few months or something. 

I can only assume a decent name has popped up and they are pursuing it.  

On 01/03/2021 at 18:11, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Danny Lennon brand of football is horrible though used to watch a good bit of Clyde and when they were poor Goodwillie would get them out the jail

That’s just not true.

22 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am guessing it is not McIntyre then, he was a certainty to apply so they would have just asked him rather than open it up to applicants. Even if it was out of respect to Kerr, they could have waited till midweek and then done it. Unless they have spoken to him and he's doing it for free for a few months or something. 

I can only assume a decent name has popped up and they are pursuing it.  

Could be peter houston recommended by kerr....

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Also why would Kerr bother to help them find someone to take over?

Can you imagine that happening in a normal job. "Dave, you're fired. By the way..."

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

He could easily still do a decent job at your level ( not meaning that cheekily) not got the legs now to do a lot of running but would still be an asset in the team 

4 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Falkirk told us he was done when he signed with us and he went on to be a class act in midfield

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He ran the show against Dundee United in one of McCalls last games. His wee dink over the United back four to play Harvie through was superb.

Just a pity he never got a goal for us.

He’s exactly the sort of midfielder we need. We’d be daft not to at least ask him. Could offer him a quick route back into coaching as well with a player-coach/assistant manager role as well if he fancies it.