Next Ayr United manager

James McFadden apparently said on Radio Scotland he's interested in the job, even if it was on a coaching level.
Ian McCall on aswell apparently....

McFadden certainly sounded interested but didn’t really sound like he’d go and apply. More of a “if you want me, come and ask me” type of stance.

McCall said he was surprised and gutted for Kerr and said from what he understands we’re going to go down the more experienced route when appointing a new manager.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McFadden certainly sounded interested but didn’t really sound like he’d go and apply. More of a “if you want me, come and ask me” type of stance.

See this patter, get it in the bin....reeks of "Dae you ken who am ur"

If you want a job, apply for it...regardless if you were half-decent as a Scotland player 15 years ago or not

If the information I have just been told is correct , I have just wasted £20 at McBookies, told the person has been identified and could be before Saturday possibly, decent source but has been known to get it horribly wrong on the odd occasion 

10 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

See this patter, get it in the bin....reeks of "Dae you ken who am ur"

If you want a job, apply for it...regardless if you were half-decent as a Scotland player 15 years ago or not

If he hasn't applied for it then he doesn't want it and was pit on the spot by the presenter 

Will get a chance soon enough if it isn't with Ayr it will be with someone else 

However he is exactly the type of person a team like Ayr needs a guy with contacts still playing the game

Would be better than Billy Dodds on that regards 

If the information I have just been told is correct , I have just wasted £20 at McBookies, told the person has been identified and could be before Saturday possibly, decent source but has been known to get it horribly wrong on the odd occasion 
Right who did you back Robbo? So that we don't!

Just now, Ayr23 said:
3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Right who did you back Robbo? So that we don't!

I backed Stuart McCall , could still be him if my source has got it horribly wrong 

Would you be happy with your wasted money in the event that your source is correct? Or was the info just that it's not who you backed?

I backed Stuart McCall , could still be him if my source has got it horribly wrong 
If I was going to put a bet on, it would have been for him. So thank you for not letting me waste my money, but ffs I would have loved him as our manager.

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If you tell us who, we'll split 50% of the winnings between us and put the other 50% of the winnings in the AU500 

7 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

How can you unveil before Saturday after announcing a closing date. 

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:
2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

If I was going to put a bet on, it would have been for him. So thank you for not letting me waste my money, but ffs I would have loved him as our manager.

It’s not a definite yet , I am still hoping it’s McCall 

Right so by the process of elimination with Robbo having backed McCall and it not been him, i reckon it's either Hopkin or McIntyre

Disappointed about not being McCall, was always ambitious though

*I'd rather have McIntyre over Hopkin personally

Edited by rb123!

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

If you tell us who, we'll split 50% of the winnings between us and put the other 50% of the winnings in the AU500 

Would never release a name giving in confidence based on volunteering role at club , this did not come from someone related to our club , code of conduct at Ayr is superb now and can’t see anyone employed by the club releasing anything before official press release 

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

You obviously can’t give away any names but would you be happy with appointment and does it fit the bill as experienced?