Next Ayr United manager

McBookie is genuinely no better than I when I put the first 15 random names I can think of that have some relevance to Scottish football. He has the advantage of changing it as people bet on it, but there's absolutely zero insider knowledge even in the moments leading up to the unveiling.

As for McIntyre, I've said before, it's a misnomer to suggest he always has Dodds by his side. Gerry McCabe was his assistant at Dunfermline & QoS up until Paul Hartley poached McCabe for Dundee. Dodds was a part-time striker coach (I'm sure Skyline will tell you his specific role) that had been at the club previously under Chisholm and was once again working with them when McIntyre was appointed. He then took Dodds to Ross County to be his assistant.

McCabe was overlooked in the whole, 'If Dodds doesn't join Dundee, McIntyre is bound to failure' debacle and Dodds was treated as if they were an inseparable duo.

Once it was clear Dodds wasn't welcome, McIntyre didn't go for the unemployed McCabe, he just promoted Jimmy Boyle.

Just now, Ayr23 said:

Also heard some semi-reliable chat about Chris Strain applying. I see he's also on the McBookie list (not that it means much).

Literally got a text from someone saying that as well, will PM you to see if it’s the same source. 

3 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Also heard some semi-reliable chat about Chris Strain applying. I see he's also on the McBookie list (not that it means much).

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Literally got a text from someone saying that as well, will PM you to see if it’s the same source. 

He certainly applied last time. Not sure if he got as far as an interview. I’d hope not. 

He certainly applied last time. Not sure if he got as far as an interview. I’d hope not. 
The scary thing is, you never know. Nobody saw Kerr coming, and it was his good interview that got him the job. If Strain gets an interview...

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The scary thing is, you never know. Nobody saw Kerr coming, and it was his good interview that got him the job. If Strain gets an interview...

The board will know themselves that Mark Kerr was the wrong appointment at the wrong time. They’ll surely know it’s an experienced guy at this level they need. 

15 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

He's applied, you could apply, anybody else could apply. It means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

What's he been doing anyway to think he's ready for a job at a full time club in the Championship? 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The board will know themselves that Mark Kerr was the wrong appointment at the wrong time. They’ll surely know it’s an experienced guy at this level they need. 

It wasn’t at the wrong time, you had a squad that hadn’t been out the top 4 for 2 years. A player that had been at the club with lots of experience and looking to step up. He was highly thought of by the outgoing manager in terms of his coaching ability. 
it was the correct time to take a chance on a manager, no danger of being relegated and giving them a chance to make mistakes.

The wrong appointment? Turns out it was. 

This time, there is no scope for taking a chance, we need a manager that can pick up points and quickly, someone players want to play for like McCall (Ian) and give fans something to look forward to next season.

Do we seriously consider Robertson?

I’ve no idea what the standard of football is like in that league and there’s no doubt he was entertaining enough in the documentary but that doesn’t justify interviewing him.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Do we seriously consider Robertson?

I’ve no idea what the standard of football is like in that league and there’s no doubt he was entertaining enough in the documentary but that doesn’t justify interviewing him.

He managed Montrose I think, don’t think they were particularly bad but didn’t set the heather alight. Struggled to get another job after that and ended up with the job over there. 

seems to have done well over there. But it may be a case that having a competent coach rather than a good one over there is enough.

to much of a gamble for me but would be interesting.