Next Ayr United manager

Players tend to go were the mates are at this level unless stupid money is thrown around like at Partick Thistle 
I can't see any other teams throwing large wages around to change it
Players play with the guys they came through with and played against from school boy levels all the way up
Petrie will never be Ayr United manager it will go rightfully to a west coaster Hopkin probably if Cainning or Archibald don't want another crack in the hot seat
Does signing EU nationals not hamper signing players players from anywhere in the world?
And having watched Ayr for 30 years cant seem to remember to many foreign players bar the odd Austrailan loanee or the odd Northern Irish or English player
Actually it would be good to try and find some commonwealth talant if someone is putting them up in hotels
It's almost as if I didn't bite to the first one.

What's your opinion on Martindale is it contradictory to your opion of McKay?
Martindale made a mistake to in his passed and never got hung out to dry for it

Martindale went to the prison and has by the looks of it been fully rehabilitated. It’s a good example of how guys who have been rehabilitated can still be involved in the game.

Mackay is a fucking scrote of a guy who not only got found out for being a racist was also signing guys for Cardiff so he could get a cut from the signing bonuses.

Really hope we can get someone in before Saturday because i can't exactly see Steelie and White turning them into world beaters for what is a huge game, if we lost Saturday we could be cut adrift a bit in 9th which gives me the fear. 

Positives of having a local owner now is that the ball should be able to get rolling pretty much straightaway for a new manager whereas before under LC it would probably be near a week before serious stuff happened by the time it took Cameron to get over from America etc

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why don’t you go ramble away on there then. I promise we’ll all come and read it.

McKay is a bad man for a spicey un politcal correct private text message 

Martindale is beyond reproach for being involved in orginised crime 

I see your logic again the reasoning of a Tory rich boy I suppose

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Really hope we can get someone in before Saturday because i can't exactly see Steelie and White turning them into world beaters for what is a huge game, if we lost Saturday we could be cut adrift a bit in 9th which gives me the fear. 

Positives of having a local owner now is that the ball should be able to get rolling pretty much straightaway for a new manager whereas before under LC it would probably be near a week before serious stuff happened by the time it took Cameron to get over from America etc

No chance of getting anyone by Saturday , chairman announced applications by Monday 8th , not sure it would look professional to announce before then , unless he announces a new closing date which I think will not happen 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

No chance of getting anyone by Saturday , chairman announced applications by Monday 8th , not sure it would look professional to announce before then , unless he announces a new closing date which I think will not happen 

Sad Michael Scott GIF

Just now, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Hi Div we are the Ayr fans we are completely dour lack sanity and a sence of humour 

We love to dish it out but we can't take it back his contary opinions scare us and we feel uncomfortable in our safe spaces 

Singed 

Honest bams 

How’s the eye condition chief? 

2 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

In any other walk of life that would constitute bullying 

Killie fans are the same so crack on

I am sure he will read the pelters that you throw my way that is completely unnecessary 

feels cry me a river GIF

Jim Jeffries managed Kilmarnock while based in Edinburgh, he had a flat in Troon that he stayed in a few nights a week. If a manager doesn't take a hands on approach to training, he doesn't need to be there 9-9 every day. Levin is in the Sportsound studios most nights. 

Obviously it would be not possible for someone who stayed in Dundee  or Carlisle to travel through for a few hours every day, a five hour round trip. 

There is enough talent in the central belt that we can hire from without paying a relocation fee or £100 a day fuel bill. 

Out of work so no compensation, Central belt based, experienced in promotion from this level or maintaining in the premier would be my 3 criteria 

Hopkin

Levin

McIntyre

Robinson

S.McCall

I'd be happy with any of them.

I  notice that Glynn Hurst has the Ayr badge as his twitter profile picture and is doing a Q&A on black and white TV. Presumably most of the questions submitted will be, are you applying for the Ayr job? Either that or Ayrshire's favourite author, John Nivens regular submission to online Q&A's "have you ever shat in a bag or cup?"

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Jim Jeffries managed Kilmarnock while based in Edinburgh, he had a flat in Troon that he stayed in a few nights a week. If a manager doesn't take a hands on approach to training, he doesn't need to be there 9-9 every day. Levin is in the Sportsound studios most nights. 

Obviously it would be not possible for someone who stayed in Dundee  or Carlisle to travel through for a few hours every day, a five hour round trip. 

There is enough talent in the central belt that we can hire from without paying a relocation fee or £100 a day fuel bill. 

Out of work so no compensation, Central belt based, experienced in promotion from this level or maintaining in the premier would be my 3 criteria 

Hopkin

Levin

McIntyre

Robinson

S.McCall

I'd be happy with any of them.

I  notice that Glynn Hurst has the Ayr badge as his twitter profile picture and is doing a Q&A on black and white TV. Presumably most of the questions submitted will be, are you applying for the Ayr job? Either that or Ayrshire's favourite author, John Nivens regular submission to online Q&A's "have you ever shat in a bag or cup?"

McIntyer isn't based in the central belt he lives in the Highlands and his kids go to school there cant see him uprooting them for a small team like Ayr

Again why would Levein take the Ayr job the Ayr job a massive budget great training facilities top youth system?

Can he not get all this at other clubs in SPFL and further afield you have a better chance to be Ayr gaffer than Levein putting in his CV

Hamilton or Livvy would be my shout especially if Martindale goes higher to a bigger team

4 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

McIntyer isn't based in the central belt he lives in the Highlands and his kids go to school there cant see him uprooting them for a small team like Ayr

Again why would Levein take the Ayr job the Ayr job a massive budget great training facilities top youth system?

Can he not get all this at other clubs in SPFL and further afield you have a better chance to be Ayr gaffer than Levein putting in his CV

Hamilton or Livvy would be my shout especially if Martindale goes higher to a bigger team

Go away