Next Ayr United manager

2 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Ayr need a manager that plays attractive football and wins doubt Malky McKay would take it he still wants a job in SPFL and had a interview for Dundee United job

If someone if his caliber was interested it would be a no brainer 

If SFA employed him after text gate pretty sure a wee team like Ayr United could

McKay clearly isn't a racist if he was he wouldn't sign black players maybe he is sexist but it was only a daft text between pals 

Everybody has did daft texts to there mates but they never had there phone hacked by some parasitic journalist

Ian Murray now becoming one of the favourites at 7/1 is giving me the fear a little. 

It’s just folk putting money on it because he was mentioned in the same article as Maurice Ross.

I wouldn’t be totally against it. Did he not have Dumbarton as high as 5th before leaving to go to St Mirren?

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

If you’re defending Mackay then you can GTF.

No one on here cares about anything you’ve got to say. Total non contributor.

You sound like a journalist making your money raiding the bins and praying on people,you can do one as well 

Everybody deserves a second chance unless there a nonce 

Just now, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

You sound like a journalist making your money raiding the bins and praying on people,you can do one as well 

Everybody deserves a second chance unless there a nonce 

No second chance for you then:thumsup2

2 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Agree with this but he seems pretty happy at Clyde. Not sure he’d leave them mid-season, especially if they get the go ahead to start playing again.

Yeah man would need tempted I'm sure but I think he's the right kind of guy to get us out of this.  Probably get some mid table finishes from him, I'd take it to stay up.  This would be a horrible year to go down, possibly worse than last year, must be avoided whatever the cost. 

Ian Murray, Peter Murphy, Maurice Ross... I'm getting nervous we'll appoint one of these three. Robbo has backed someone, so that's interesting. Purely out of speculation or ever so slightly ITK?

I really think Smith will splash out on this appointment and make money available to the new manager (even though he's denied that he would) to match his stated ambition for us. We've surely learned our lesson on cheap appointments? At least these "cheaper" managers have experience unlike Kerr.

Interviews will obviously be held online, so shouldn't take long to organise. I think we might have someone in for Saturday if one of Smith's candidates he's going to approach is up for it and interviews well. Might not need the Monday 8th deadline for people to note interest.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s just folk putting money on it because he was mentioned in the same article as Maurice Ross.

I wouldn’t be totally against it. Did he not have Dumbarton as high as 5th before leaving to go to St Mirren?

Looking at his record, he seems to have a good start like what he's had at Airdrie then it comes crashing down. 

He might be a good impact manager who could keep us up, but certainly not a long term solution imo.

3 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I don't need a second chance though McKay was performance director for SFA

Even they knew what was printed was taking completely out of context 

Anyway he is to good for Ayr it's like the clown suggesting Lambert 

I think he was calling you a nonce, mate. 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Looking at his record, he seems to have a good start like what he's had at Airdrie then it comes crashing down. 

He might be a good impact manager who could keep us up, but certainly not a long term solution imo.

There's nobody out there though who's going to have a great record, if they did, they wouldn't be out of work or in work and interested in the Ayr job, that's the reality that we need to be facing I'm afraid.

Most guys on the "list" have had relative success at a higher level than we're currently at, but by the same token they've also had bad results at this level and been subsequently sacked.

Roll the dice..........

Back to Craig Levein what would draw him to the Ayrshire coast

Winderffull fans modern training facilities top class youth system good fish in chips with no salt in sauce?

If you were him would you be waiting for a Livingston or Hamilton job to come around?

Instead of coming to a team like Ayr United?

I like Ayr United but come on what have they got to offer him than other clubs can up here or doon south?

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

What's your opinion on Martindale is it contradictory to your opion of McKay?

Martindale made a mistake to in his passed and never got hung out to dry for it