Next Ayr United manager

54 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Agree with this but he seems pretty happy at Clyde. Not sure he’d leave them mid-season, especially if they get the go ahead to start playing again.

Danny Lennon brand of football is horrible though used to watch a good bit of Clyde and when they were poor Goodwillie would get them out the jail

Won the cup but it was a long time ago would sooner have Canning and Archibald over him

Jim McIntyer is settled up north with his familly getting him.might be a struggle 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Only mentioned because of the Ipswich boys on loan with us.

Not as a serious option.

Aye I was just wondering. Caught this topic on the recent posts and was thinking some nutter was touting Lambert for the job. 

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Bit short-term, isn't it?

Yes, but I am seriously worried that unless we get someone with the stature of Levein in then, with the names mentioned, we are in for a serious battle to finish higher than 9th. By the time the new guy comes in and effects any serious change, there are not enough weeks in the season left to allow for it. If he does at all.

Maybe we should have punted Kerr sooner.

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Only mentioned because of the Ipswich boys on loan with us.

Not as a serious option.

James McFadden could get Ayr better loans at Everton if he came 

Lambert would be a massive appointment but doubt he knows the league

And his record in signing Scottish players anywhere he has been has been very poor

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Yes, but I am seriously worried that unless we get someone with the stature of Levein in then, with the names mentioned, we are in for a serious battle to finish higher than 9th. By the time the new guy comes in and effects any serious change, there are not enough weeks in the season left to allow for it. If he does at all.

Maybe we should have punted Kerr sooner.

Why would Craig Levein want to be the Ayr United manager?

What as a club does Ayr have to offer him?

And your a dreamer if you think any of the good ones have applied and haven't a clue about there ego
I would take talking s h I t e to actually thinking Ayr had a chance of any boss that has bossed in EPL
Ayr haven't any cash to get a top manager 
Malky McKay and Billy Davies might just be desperate enough though but maybe not that desperate 

The games up of "Malky mckay" and Billy Davies are considered top managers[emoji23]

Fwiw Petrie has done a great job at the mo and is capable of signing players from anywhere in the world like every other manager is. He would be a good appointment although I can't see it happening and hope it doesn't. Darren Young would be a poor appointment. He's done decent at East Fife but that is largely due to keeping a group of players together rather than any great tactical nouse and even then they didn't make the playoffs in our time in league 1.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

The games up of "Malky mckay" and Billy Davies are considered top managersemoji23.png

Fwiw Petrie has done a great job at the mo and is capable of signing players from anywhere in the world like every other manager is. He would be a good appointment although I can't see it happening and hope it doesn't. Darren Young would be a poor appointment. He's done decent at East Fife but that is largely due to keeping a group of players together rather than any great tactical nouse and even then they didn't make the playoffs in our time in league 1.

Players tend to go were the mates are at this level unless stupid money is thrown around like at Partick Thistle 

I can't see any other teams throwing large wages around to change it

Players play with the guys they came through with and played against from school boy levels all the way up

Petrie will never be Ayr United manager it will go rightfully to a west coaster Hopkin probably if Cainning or Archibald don't want another crack in the hot seat

I am not keen on Lennon(Danny), Duffy or Murray. They have all struggled at a level we want to be.  We need to aim higher. 

I would be more open to Hopkin. 

Maurice Ross strikes me as a Gary Caldwell type when I hear him talk, comes across as arrogant, preaches a football philosophy he has. guaranteed to be a failure, blaming players after the 4th straight defeat. 

When we appointed Kerr we could afford a gamble, Top 4, decent squad with a wining mentality. We can't afford to gamble this time. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I am not keen on Lennon(Danny), Duffy or Murray. They have all struggled at a level we want to be.  We need to aim higher. 

I would be more open to Hopkin. 

Maurice Ross strikes me as a Gary Caldwell type when I hear him talk, comes across as arrogant, preaches a football philosophy he has. guaranteed to be a failure, blaming players after the 4th straight defeat. 

When we appointed Kerr we could afford a gamble, Top 4, decent squad with a wining mentality. We can't afford to gamble this time. 

Premiership safety and a League Cup win? I don’t think it was much of a coincidence St Mirren nose dived after he left. 

16 minutes ago, grumswall said:

The games up of "Malky mckay" and Billy Davies are considered top managersemoji23.png

Does signing EU nationals not hamper signing players players from anywhere in the world?

And having watched Ayr for 30 years cant seem to remember to many foreign players bar the odd Austrailan loanee or the odd Northern Irish or English player

Actually it would be good to try and find some commonwealth talant if someone is putting them up in hotels

47 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Danny Lennon brand of football is horrible though used to watch a good bit of Clyde and when they were poor Goodwillie would get them out the jail

To be fair, he’s got form for avoiding the jail.

Not wanting Peter Murphy. Hasn’t done anything at Annan which suggests he’ll do well here. 

Had one good season where he got Annan to the playoffs but yeah he’s not for us.

I’ve got the fear Smith is going to be impressed by someone like Maurice Ross in an interview and give him the job. I hope he’s also talking to guys with a solid track record.

9 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Thought it was his lawyer that did that?

Ayr need a manager that plays attractive football and wins doubt Malky McKay would take it he still wants a job in SPFL and had a interview for Dundee United job

If someone if his caliber was interested it would be a no brainer 

If SFA employed him after text gate pretty sure a wee team like Ayr United could

McKay clearly isn't a racist if be was he wouldn't sign black players maybe he is sexist but it was only a daft text between pals 

Everybody has did daft texts to there mates but they never had there phone hacked by some parasitic journalist

Ayr need a manager that plays attractive football and wins doubt Malky McKay would take it he still wants a job in SPFL and had a interview for Dundee United job
If someone if his caliber was interested it would be a no brainer 
If SFA employed him after text gate pretty sure a wee team like Ayr United could
McKay clearly isn't a racist if be was he wouldn't sign black players maybe he is sexist but it was only a daft text between pals 
Everybody has did daft texts to there mates but they never had there phone hacked by some parasitic journalist

If you’re defending Mackay then you can GTF.

No one on here cares about anything you’ve got to say. Total non contributor.