Next Ayr United manager

Maybe if he did pick the team we would have qualfied?
Can't say if he would or wouldn't cos you don't know
Just like you don't know if he would be a good or a bad manager for Ayr
What I can guarantee you though is that good players win leagues and games
And his name and reputation would attract more than someone like Kerr even McCall 

Not necessarily no.

Unless you’re one of McFaddens mates or on loan from a club where he has connections then a lot of players will perhaps want to play for a manger who knows what he’s doing.

McFadden may well turn out to be a decent manager but we are not the club for him right now. The last thing he needs is thrown into a dressing room where confidence is low and he has a relegation dogfight on his hands. We need someone used to being in the dugout who is able to get this group of players to raise their game and stay up and then build a good solid team in this league to try and get up. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that James McFadden can do any of this. We had our experimental appointment with Mark Kerr. Let’s actually appoint someone now with some managerial experience.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I haven't looked at Facebook but I can only presume beetroot faced Da's are all stomping their wotsit covered fingers on their keyboard typing TUCKER SLOAN!!!!

He has been mentioned , but by Talbot fans telling us he would not leave them for us , thank his for that 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not necessarily no.

Unless you’re one of McFaddens mates or on loan from a club where he has connections then a lot of players will perhaps want to play for a manger who knows what he’s doing.

McFadden may well turn out to be a decent manager but we are not the club for him right now. The last thing he needs is thrown into a dressing room where confidence is low and he has a relegation dogfight on his hands. We need someone used to being in the dugout who is able to get this group of players to raise their game and stay up and then build a good solid team in this league to try and get up. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that James McFadden can do any of this. We had our experimental appointment with Mark Kerr. Let’s actually appoint someone now with some managerial experience.

Part of a team that stayed up at Motherwell on and of the park part of a Birmingham team that went down cos he was out for 6 months

Part of a Everton team that was always at wrong end of table think Smith signed him

Used to dog fights so there is that argument busted

Part of a team that stayed up at Motherwell on and of the park part of a Birmingham team that went down cos he was out for 6 months
Part of a Everton team that was always at wrong end of table think Smith signed him
Used to dog fights so there is that argument busted

No it isn’t chief.

Playing in a team that escaped relegation isn’t remotely similar to managing a team to safety.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No it isn’t chief.

Playing in a team that escaped relegation isn’t remotely similar to managing a team to safety.

What part of his Motherwell career didn't you follow hhevess assistant manager escaped relegation in the dug out going through same ups and downs as his gaffer 

I correct myself he was coaching with them

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297

Paul Lambert emptied by Ipswich Town. I doubt he'd be interested but Stuart Taylor, his assistant might be a shout. Is there not some kind of unofficial tractor boys link with Ipswich? 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

I don’t think any first timer is worth a punt at moment , Faddy’s experience is not what we need , his last job he was in helping run a team with the supposedly best 24 players in their positions , he does not have that luxury at Ayr 

100% agree. Let's go for experience and proven record at our level.

No idea if he would be interested but on that basis Peter Houston ticks the boxes.

12 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Paul Lambert emptied by Ipswich Town. I doubt he'd be interested but Stuart Taylor, his assistant might be a shout. Is there not some kind of unofficial tractor boys link with Ipswich? 

Unfortunately that link was Mick McArdle and Mark Kerr from their Falkirk days 

Aye Taylor played with Kerr at Falkirk I believe.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

How water tight is Ian Murray’s contract at Airdrie ?

He’s out of contract at the end of this season so I expect any compensation would be minimal, though he seems to quite well thought of by our board so I doubt they’d be desperate to let him go with our season still in limbo.

Admittedly he still hasn’t had a full season but Murray’s done a reasonable job at Airdrie without ever being spectacular. I think his time at Airdrie probably looks pretty good on the face of it: stabilised us and made us a bit more solid in his first season, had us on course to finish 3rd and 4th in the following seasons and we’ve generally always been around or in the top four throughout his time. However, I don’t think there would be too many fans who would be sad to see him leave, as his time at Airdrie has been full of poor tactical decisions and strange recruitment (admittedly not all his fault). 

I think he’d do an ok job at Ayr and would probably keep them up this season but I’ll be surprised if he gets the job.