Next Ayr United manager

41 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

It's a difficult one. There are two lists 

Modern managers 

Darren Young 

Stewart Petrie 

Young doesn't have a particularly good win percentage - just under 38% with East Fife. But Petrie does seem to have a very good record at Montrose with a win rate of nearly 48% . Obviously stats on their own are dangerous but assuming Montrose doesn't have a big budget compared with the rest of the division (does anyone know?) Petrie does seem to be doing well and worthy of consideration for a step up.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I am 100% against it, in fact I think it's possibly one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever read on here.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that David Smith doesn't want to turn the club in to some sort of freak show circus.

You could shout to her when she gets her hair done.

13 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

That list as predicted includes names suggested by everyone on here this afternoon, however regardless of whether the daily record is making it up by looking at fans forums, there's not exactly anyone else you could think of...

Unless some random French junior football guy applies claiming to be the next Arsene Wenger and you take a punt on him.

I'm torn between McIntyre or Houston, think we need someone proven at this level which leaves Petrie and Murray even as risks IMO.

Question with McIntyre is if things were going v well and a premiership club came sniffing for him would he be tempted, i'd say yes. Club have to try and get someone in who's going to be committed to what will probably be a medium, 4-5 year plan to establish oursleves and maybe knock on the door of the premiership. 

Can't get into the modern culture routine of changing managers every 18 months - 2 years.

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That list as predicted includes names suggested by everyone on here this afternoon, however regardless of whether the daily record is making it up by looking at fans forums, there's not exactly anyone else you could think of...

Unless some random French junior football guy applies claiming to be the next Arsene Wenger and you take a punt on him.

I'm torn between McIntyre or Houston, think we need someone proven at this level which leaves Petrie and Murray even as risks IMO.

Question with McIntyre is if things were going v well and a premiership club came sniffing for him would he be tempted, i'd say yes. Club have to try and get someone in who's going to be committed to what will probably be a medium, 4-5 year plan to establish oursleves and maybe knock on the door of the premiership. 

Can't get into the modern culture routine of changing managers every 18 months - 2 years.

Colin Caldwrwood and Stephen Pressley are out of work to and Gary Caldwell

Just now, Rodders1910 said:
1 minute ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:
Colin Caldwrwood and Stephen Pressley are out of work to and Gary Caldwell

No

Wouldn't be my first choice either 

I would like to take a chance on Faddy it's a gamble that could be worth taking 

Might be more experienced choices but think he could be a legend at Ayr playing good football attacking football 

And finding a striker or strikers to work with shouldn't be a problem cos the lack of goal scorers historically hurtled Ayr find one 6 months to kate if they were lucky and a young loanee cut it

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:

Calderwood great at interviews. But a laptop manager. I wouldn't be surprised if Elvis got it 

Pressley son would be a decent loan to be fair but appointing him to get one shoe in striker isn't the way to go

Faddy would get the best players from Glasgow in at the level even his contacts at Motherwell are good

Any English non league players who might not cut Premiership might at a push be good enough for Ayr to develop and move on like McCall and Shanks giving him a chance

Petrie seems to be very highly rated by anyone who has seen his Montrose team play. They beat us in the Challenge Cup a few years back under him but I can’t say I know anything about him besides that.

If he’s interested then we should be speaking to him based on how Montrose have been doing the last few years.