Next Ayr United manager

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Not 100% against it but from what I understand, she wasn’t great at Stirling Uni, went straight to the SWNT, wasn’t popular and had a terrible World Cup, terrible Euro Campaign and was sacked.

it also isn’t time for a gamble.

giving a top female coach the job or even in the coaching team would be huge and good for the club

I am 100% against it, in fact I think it's possibly one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever read on here.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that David Smith doesn't want to turn the club in to some sort of freak show circus.

Just now, WATTOO said:

I am 100% against it, in fact I think it's possibly one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever read on here.

Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that David Smith doesn't want to turn the club in to some sort of freak show circus.

For appointing a women as manager? It’s the 21st century mate. Get a fucking grip of yourself. 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This is an absolutely howling take.

You could have just said you think Shelley Kerr is a shite manager and comes across as a moron when she's on Sportsound/scene.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You could have just said you think Shelley Kerr is a shite manager and comes across as a moron when she's on Sportsound/scene.

He's right, the 1st club to do so will be a freak show, the 1st one needs to be a right good one for the sake of ladies looking to get into the mens game, Kerr isn't anywhere near the right person. 

It's like listening to a bit of cardboard. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't even know what you're talking about.

She's done nothing in the game and has no experience at this level to justify walking in to club Management at Championship level, let alone a team who needs results and needs results fast.

I appreciate you're trying to play the "He's a sexist dinosaur" card, but frankly I'm not even going to start with that nonsense.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

ouch GIF

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

He's right, the 1st club to do so will be a freak show, the 1st one needs to be a right good one for the sake of ladies looking to get into the mens game, Kerr isn't anywhere near the right person. 

It's like listening to a bit of cardboard. 

You could maybe say the first club to do it will attract lots of interest. You most definitely can’t call it a freak show. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

You could maybe say the first club to do it will attract lots of interest. You most definitely can’t call it a freak show. 

I can call it a freak show as that's what it would be. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I can and so can he, free speech is part of a free liberal society in case you and others have missed that.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I'm starting to understand why WATTOO gets voted the worst Ayr poster. 🤡

It's because he speaks his mind and doesn't pander to the "look at me, I'm outraged" brigade.

It's a difficult one. There are two lists 

Modern managers 

Darren Young 

Stewart Petrie 

Paul Hartley 

Paul Sheerin 

John Kennedy 

Graeme Murty 

Old heads 

Danny Lennon 

Jim Duffy 

Jim Mcintyre 

Kenny Sheilds 

I think Ayr need a experienced manager to get them safe. Don't think Young or Petrie have enough experience to get them safe. I might be wrong. 

Duffy would be my choice with Jimmy Nic as assistant 

The Coyle shout above is interesting and I loved Peter Murphy as a player so that ones also intriguing.  I’m just thankful we have a fan in charge with David Smith because in another walk of life we could’ve ended up with the DKB Kenny Shiels. Wouldn’t thank you for Kettlewell and I think Stevie Robinson will be holding off for an opportunity down south in league 1 or 2 which will pay much much more than us. Would we be able to tempt the likes of McNally or Hartley away from their clubs further down the leagues? Or pay the compensation?  Not keen on White being in charge for more than a few weeks so hopefully we move quickly.   

Edited by rorymac7

7 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

It's a difficult one. There are two lists 

Modern managers 

Darren Young 

Stewart Petrie 

Paul Hartley 

Paul Sheerin 

John Kennedy 

Graeme Murty 

Old heads 

Danny Lennon 

Jim Duffy 

Jim Mcintyre 

Kenny Sheilds 

I think Ayr need a experienced manager to get them safe. Don't think Young or Petrie have enough experience to get them safe. I might be wrong. 

Duffy would be my choice with Jimmy Nic as assistant 

😀😀😀😀