Morton vs Ayr

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're obviously trying to act like a big time team now lol, but yes i agree is a bit shit, highlights and post match interviews should be free IMO but extended highlights and midweek detailed manager interview on paywall? Could also do like a Monday analysis show looking over the game from Saturday, same with a preview show on the Friday or something talking about the opposition on Saturday and how we might set up and the danger players in the opposition etc? I know it's a bit Match of the Day sounding lol but just making it worthwhile to subscribe to, because IMHO what they're offering atm isn't worth enough to pay for.

Definitely wouldn’t pay for it, even if I could get it to work. As it stands I need to use the laptop to get any of the videos on Black and White TV to load.

I’ll wait for Morton to upload them.

57 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Their YouTube channel has loads of content, embarrassing actually that we feel the need to put similar stuff behind a paywall on a platform that doesn’t work particularly well.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We're obviously trying to act like a big time team now lol, but yes i agree is a bit shit, highlights and post match interviews should be free IMO but extended highlights and midweek detailed manager interview on paywall? Could also do like a Monday analysis show looking over the game from Saturday, same with a preview show on the Friday or something talking about the opposition on Saturday and how we might set up and the danger players in the opposition etc? I know it's a bit Match of the Day sounding lol but just making it worthwhile to subscribe to, because IMHO what they're offering atm isn't worth enough to pay for.

All fair points. I'm sure the club will review the whole thing at the end of this season. I know a lot fewer people watch the highlights on B&W TV than on the old Youtube channel, for example. It's a difficult one, Ayr's first video paywall (Ayr World c.2009-12) was successful on its own terms (it paid for itself and for equipment that is used to this day). It did not contribute anything financially to the club though. So much has changed in the last decade and there is a much higher expectation from fans for content (free and otherwise). It will be a difficult circle to square for the club to keep fans happy while making Black & White TV a revenue generator. Interesting times...

I get the feeling B&W tv has been set up on a desktop-first model when it really ought to have been a mobile-first approach. It's absolutely fine on a computer, but finnicky and awkward on mobile.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

That’s the reason they are not charging yet , there is still a bit to go to get it to where they want it , remember it’s currently all being done  by volunteers who have  a jobs  outside of this ,when they get it to the standard they want I reckon it will be a decent site  , credit to club for continuing to run it free as they are aware it’s not ready for a pay wall  

A wee point about B&W TV - we obviously see ourselves as a club on an upward curve and when it was introduced we were looking at the promotion playoff positions for a third year.  Should we get to the top flight we aren't allowed to offer up the highlights for free, it must be behind a paywall.  

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

A wee point about B&W TV - we obviously see ourselves as a club on an upward curve and when it was introduced we were looking at the promotion playoff positions for a third year.  Should we get to the top flight we aren't allowed to offer up the highlights for free, it must be behind a paywall.  

That’s the same with the cashless gates IIRC it’s a requirement for the top flight. 

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

That’s the same with the cashless gates IIRC it’s a requirement for the top flight. 

Yeah.  Not sure what other steps are required but given the average age of our support normalising these things in advance is very welcome :lol:

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

If you were to be promoted, the SPFL will produce highlights for free on your behalf. Motherwell add their goal highlights to youtube though so I feel like even if there is some stipulation on what you upload I don't think this is true.

19 hours ago, MS RR said:

I'm not sure pointing out that we have more fans than Ayr is "crowd wanking", can't say I've ever heard of that term either haha

I’m happy enough giving you the benefit of the doubt here and agreeing that you’re not consciously a crowd w****r.

Nope, you’re just a w****r.

PS - haha.