Morton vs Ayr

32 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Ever since Falkirk left Brockville it hasn't been the best away trip, although last time we went to Linlithgow before and after the game. As for Morton, the last time we were allowed into Cappielow we made our way back to Ayr via Gourock, Inverkip, Wemyss Bay, Skelmorlie, Largs and Kilwinning. Cracking day out.

Doing it properly there, but I'll raise you Ayr away via Ardrossan and Campbeltown on the opening weekend a few years ago. 

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Doing it properly there, but I'll raise you Ayr away via Ardrossan and Campbeltown on the opening weekend a few years ago. 

I can't compete with that. Did Campbeltown to Ardrossan once, but it wasn't football related.

24 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Keep having crowd wanks son. As it it happens Dundee rarely bring a good support to Somerset.

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

See what I mean? You're even crowd wanking about away attendances. Now be a good chap and get back to Grangemouth. Thanks.

I'm not sure pointing out that we have more fans than Ayr is "crowd wanking", can't say I've ever heard of that term either haha

10 minutes ago, MS RR said:

I'm not sure pointing out that we have more fans than Ayr is "crowd wanking", can't say I've ever heard of that term either haha

And Dunfermline have more fans than Falkirk ! Who cares ?

54 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Well what you remember is wrong. I remember we were bottom of the league and brought 1000 away fans to Ayr. Besides, a "bad" turnout for Falkirk is still more than the other teams in the championship except for Hearts and Dundee

I remember them bringing a couple of hundred when they were seeking promotion.,obviously more Johnny Come Latelys now. 

2 hours ago, MS RR said:

Yet there you are in League One. 

A Falkirk fan still crowd wanking 😂😂

Anyway. Ayr deserved that yesterday. It was a grim watch but we never ever looked like scoring whereas I thought Ayr looked the more threatening going forward. 2 good finishes by Smith too. 

We really need to back to put a few results together or we are fucked. Change of manager needed as well. 

On the subject of crowds, revenue and streaming games: the major concern for lower-league clubs is that the majority of their support lives locally. Yes, there are plenty of Ayr fans in other parts of the country (and while I'm in Ayr at this exact minute I haven't really lived here for eight years and am usually in NL), but they're a distinct minority. Now of course part of the logic of streaming games is that it's the only way to encourage a wider fanbase (Man United aren't the most popular team in Singapore because everyone loved Alex Ferguson's patter so much)  but by and large this is a function of the league and not the club: I can't think of a team which really has much foreign clout outwith the league it's in except maybe St Pauli, who are unique for a lot of reasons. So ultimately it comes down to whether streaming is going to lower your gates, and with that lower your catering takings, programmes etc. Ayr have been one of the more forward-looking teams in the last few years (c.f. the early move on the ticketing system) and so I dare say that this will be closely monitored going forward.

Anyway, thank f**k for that. Next stop Starks, to remind that bunch of fucking yokels of their place.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

A Falkirk fan still crowd wanking 😂😂

Anyway. Ayr deserved that yesterday. It was a grim watch but we never ever looked like scoring whereas I thought Ayr looked the more threatening going forward. 2 good finishes by Smith too. 

We really need to back to put a few results together or we are fucked. Change of manager needed as well. 

Morton are closer to being relegated and Falkirk are closer to going up haha

50 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

Morton only put highlights of their last game up on YouTube a couple of days ago so we might be waiting a while.

Their YouTube channel has loads of content, embarrassing actually that we feel the need to put similar stuff behind a paywall on a platform that doesn’t work particularly well.

33 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Morton only put highlights of their last game up on YouTube a couple of days ago so we might be waiting a while.

Their YouTube channel has loads of content, embarrassing actually that we feel the need to put similar stuff behind a paywall on a platform that doesn’t work particularly well.

It’s still free for now 

45 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

We're obviously trying to act like a big time team now lol, but yes i agree is a bit shit, highlights and post match interviews should be free IMO but extended highlights and midweek detailed manager interview on paywall? Could also do like a Monday analysis show looking over the game from Saturday, same with a preview show on the Friday or something talking about the opposition on Saturday and how we might set up and the danger players in the opposition etc? I know it's a bit Match of the Day sounding lol but just making it worthwhile to subscribe to, because IMHO what they're offering atm isn't worth enough to pay for.