Morton vs Ayr

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I think the main problem is that live streams will reduce the crowds probably considerably so just not sure whether it would work financially for clubs

Make it full price? 

It's more attractive to attend if you can in that case. 

Edited by itzdrk

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Make it full price? 

It's more attractive to attend if you can in that case. 

I still think it will diminish crowds. Given the choice of travelling to Greenock in the freezing cold or watching from the warmth of my living room. It’s a total no brainier 

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I still think it will diminish crowds. Given the choice of travelling to Greenock in the freezing cold or watching from the warmth of my living room. It’s a total no brainier 

Quite possibly, there's also the issue of multiple people watching a stream.  I'd just like to legally do it without a VPN.  

10 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Oh dear, looks like Morton's run in the big league is closer to coming to an end. Morton will finally be down in a division with clubs of a similar stature though 👍

Frankly, I'd rather have Morton in this league than your lot. I haven't missed your crowd wanking one bit, off you pop back to League One.

How we consume stuff has changed beyond all recognition over the last 12 months. Football is no different. Every lower league club that  doesn't benefit from generous TV deals should have the right to maximise income from those supporters that can make the game in person or prefer for whatever reason to purchase a stream.

Say for example you had a mad one the previous Friday night (we've all been there) and can't face going to the actual game but would like to view the game hungover from your home? Or maybe you're genuinely feeling ill but well enough to want to watch the game on TV on your couch. Or you're a pensioner or vulnerable person that doesn't fancy the weather on the day or are still nervous about being in a crowd post Covid?

Every effort should be made to make sure watching your local team is easy, whether on a screen or IRL and monetise that to the benefit of the clubs.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Frankly, I'd rather have Morton in this league than your lot. I haven't missed your crowd wanking one bit, off you pop back to League One.

Haha I don't think the people running your club will say the same, I think they enjoy the money our fans bring to your club when Ayr host Falkirk 😉

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Falkirk and Thistle back up and playing well is worth a lot of money to us . 

Haha I don't think the people running your club will say the same, I think they enjoy the money our fans bring to your club when Ayr host Falkirk [emoji6]

I don’t think our chairman is losing sleep over missing out on the Falkirk away support.

5 minutes ago, North British said:

Falkirk and Thistle back up and playing well is worth a lot of money to us . 

Depends on how well they are doing at the time. I've seen some fairly poor Fa!kirk and Partick supports over the years.

22 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Depends on how well they are doing at the time. I've seen some fairly poor Fa!kirk and Partick supports over the years.

Morton usually bring a decent support as well.   Don't think the difference between Falkirk and Morton twice a season would make much difference.  And Morton is a far better away day.  

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Morton usually bring a decent support as well.   Don't think the difference between Falkirk and Morton twice a season would make much difference.  And Morton is a far better away day.

Ever since Falkirk left Brockville it hasn't been the best away trip, although last time we went to Linlithgow before and after the game. As for Morton, the last time we were allowed into Cappielow we made our way back to Ayr via Gourock, Inverkip, Wemyss Bay, Skelmorlie, Largs and Kilwinning. Cracking day out.

15 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Ever since Falkirk left Brockville it hasn't been the best away trip, although last time we went to Linlithgow before and after the game. As for Morton, the last time we were allowed into Cappielow we made our way back to Ayr via Gourock, Inverkip, Wemyss Bay, Skelmorlie, Largs and Kilwinning. Cracking day out.

Think i'm one of a few who quite like an away day to Falkirk, it's an easy drive to get to and i always think the atmosphere is quite decent even with just the 3 stands.

Even though it's a modern stadium it's a nice one done to a good standard unlike some of the legobrick dumps like Airdrie. Partick away is always a good one too if you're able to make a good day of it up in Glasgow

Edited by rb123!

46 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Well what you remember is wrong. I remember we were bottom of the league and brought 1000 away fans to Ayr. Besides, a "bad" turnout for Falkirk is still more than the other teams in the championship except for Hearts and Dundee

20 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I'm probably biased towards Morton away as my mother in law lives 2 minute walk from Greenock West station so its always a good wee pub crawl from her place to the ground and back again after.    That does sound cracking on the way home though as well - must have been a late one!   

2 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I'm probably biased towards Morton away as my mother in law lives 2 minute walk from Greenock West station so its always a good wee pub crawl from her place to the ground and back again after.    That does sound cracking on the way home though as well - must have been a late one!   

Would you believe me if I said I can't remember when I got home?

2 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Well what you remember is wrong. I remember we were bottom of the league and brought 1000 away fans to Ayr. Besides, a "bad" turnout for Falkirk is still more than the other teams in the championship except for Hearts and Dundee

See what I mean? You're even crowd wanking about away attendances. Now be a good chap and get back to Grangemouth. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Keep having crowd wanks son. As it it happens Dundee rarely bring a good support to Somerset.