Morton vs Ayr

Content with that, we're the team looking much more dangerous in the attack, Walsh could have scored just before HT there if it wasn't for a good save.

Play like that in second half and i reckon we'll get a goal.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Pleasing to hear. Are we looking like getting any points today? 

Playing ok now, have controlled the game last 10  mins of the half and actually had a few shots at goal as well, McCowan side netting and Walsh (I think) might have hit the bar / or a block just before H/T.

Much more possession than recently and had pushed up to play in their half which is better.

Morton had more of the ball in attacking areas without doing much, but Ayr have had the better chances. Seems to be more of an effort to keep the ball on the deck, which is when we look better.

Also, first time on the Morton steam this year - very much worth the £14, well done to everyone involved.

For most of that first half it was a competition of who could kick it the furthest and highest, rushed hoof ball from both teams. A game that made you glad you hadn't left the house.

We did have a couple of moments when Smith and McCowan got on the ball. The two of them and Walsh have the talent to take this game by the scruff of the neck and get us 3 much needed points. McKenzie looking alright in spells but unfair on him playing up there on his own.

We certainly look more like scoring than we have done. It's a shocker of a game though
Ndaba, Reading, Smith and McCowan looking pretty good. McKenzie doing some decent link up play without looking like scoring so far.
Walsh and Murdoch not really involved.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hard to say, best (only?) two chances of the first half were ours so maybe. A point is useless but I'd take it right now and stop the rot with results as they are. 

Hoping Ayr don't have any cynical b*****ds in their team.

At this cut throat stage of the season, someone might be tempted to stick the boot into our keeper for a chance of the 3 points.

Even if sent off, they might fancy their team's chances in a 10v11 scenario when the 11 have an outfield player in goal.

Edited by Jamie_M

Just now, BukyOHare said:

The two commentators mentioned before the match that the pitch was looking well and then the camera turned round to the pitch........how bad's it been previously if that's it looking well?

I thought Somerset was a bad surface.

It's absolutely atrocious, makes ours look like a bowling green, half the pitch is brown, grass completely dead

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Would like to see Moffat on for Smith and have a us add a bit more pressure going 442 with McCowan and Walsh out wide. 

We need more of Smith on the ball, not sitting in the dugout. He needs to impose himself more on mediocre games like this.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

,Hoping Ayr don't have any cynical b*****ds in their team.

At this cut throat stage of the season, someone might be tempted to stick the boot into our keeper. 

Even if sent off, they might fancy their team's chances in a 10v11 scenario when the 11 have an outfield player in goal.

Nah remember we couldn’t score against ryan Stevenson in goal for 90 minutes v raith a few seasons ago

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

The two commentators mentioned before the match that the pitch was looking well and then the camera turned round to the pitch........how bad's it been previously if that's it looking well?

I thought Somerset was a bad surface.

I see no potatoes, it's looking good.