Fife Derby, BBC Scotland Tuesday (30th March) night extravaganza

Yes. The club had someone get COVID on purpose to allow injured players to recover.
That's what has happened here.

We had an outbreak and the first game back after the outbreak was away to Hearts with the first goalscorer a player that we hadn’t seen all season up until then due to injury. Gozie Ugwu.

So I’m inclined to believe this to be the cases tbh

I didn't say they don't have 'close contact'. I am talking about what constitutes a 'close contact' with regards to Covid isolation.
By your definition, every club that has had a positive case after a game would have resulted in both squads shutting down. Not the case.
One of us is missing the point of the other then and I unfortunately don't have the time to discuss it further tonight.

Final point I would make though is that as long as all the rules were adhered to then I don't really think there's an issue here.

3 hours ago, true_rover said:
3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Good result for Ayr, as they are now the next team we play and will therefore be guaranteed the 3 points under the law of WLWLWLWLWL

It will then come against the force of us always losing in Inverness - which will win out?

Good point. A real case of irresistible force meeting the immovable object. 

How the feck is the game off over a single positive case? If that many players are deemed close contacts, what the f**k have they been doing?

Perhaps because they played a game on Saturday so all involved are deemed close contacts. Why was the Wee Teams game against Inverness postponed?

3 minutes ago, Kdy Par said:

Perhaps because they played a game on Saturday so all involved are deemed close contacts. Why was the Wee Teams game against Inverness postponed?

If that was the case then surely all the opposition players would be deemed close contacts as well? 

Even one player testing positive is probably enough to put a fair chunk of the team out, to be honest. Players train together so it must be really difficult to say that others in the squad are not close contacts. 

Always the risk some more positive tests will come too afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Kdy Par said:

A scenario that has not arose from any other confirmed case at any other club. So that's a no then.

24 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Even one player testing positive is probably enough to put a fair chunk of the team out, to be honest. Players train together so it must be really difficult to say that others in the squad are not close contacts. 

Training together has not equated to a 'close contact' in Covid terms with other outbreaks. Sitting on adjacent seats on the bus for 30 minutes, yes. Sharing a pitch? No.

In most other outbreaks, there have been 2/3 'close contacts' identified after a positive case.

Dunfermline have 1 positive case. How can they not fulfil the fixture. If so many players have been identified as close contacts meaning they can't field a team, what on earth have they been doing.

42 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Charlie Adam tested positive last week and it lost us only one other player and the physio as close contacts. 

Hence why the SPFL will be investigating, to find out why so many players are being required to self-isolate.