Fife Derby, BBC Scotland Tuesday (30th March) night extravaganza

Is it not meant to be that when clubs travel they use 2 busses? As such I'd imagine those on the bus would be in the danger zone. 

How are the changing arrangements in QoTS? 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Did we not have o e case earlier on with Kieron  Mcdonald? If its one case surely the game should go ahead. 

We've already had one case (Dom Thomas) miss a couple of games. 

We've taken the isolation rules and bubbles more serious than most. 

It’s clear the positive case has in turn effected other squad members who haven’t been symptomatic and this has spread through the team until this was identified via testing . On a negative note going back to our game being postponed against Inverness and the idiotic comments from Dunfermline fans Tin pot club , always the wee team , should be deducted points well yous were warned at the time every club would be affected at some point during the season but hopefully the players will return fit and healthy 

The definition of ‘close contact’ includes talking face to face within a metre, being within a metre for a minute and being within 2 metres of someone for 15 minutes, which includes an adding up of that time over the course of the day. If the Pars, of any other club, are found to have their players doing this then they’re breaking the rules I’m afraid. I’d hasten to add that I’m pretty sure almost every single club will be breaking the rules, because football players are usually idiots.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Is it not meant to be that when clubs travel they use 2 busses? As such I'd imagine those on the bus would be in the danger zone. 

How are the changing arrangements in QoTS? 

We've already had one case (Dom Thomas) miss a couple of games. 

We've taken the isolation rules and bubbles more serious than most. 

Sure the away team uses changing rooms under/behind the stand opposite the main stand where the home & away teams normally change. While the home team uses the dressing rooms below the mainstand. 

Surely more than 1 bus would have been used unless lots of players staff used cars? Noticed Dundee had 2 buses down at Palmerston. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

It’s clear the positive case has in turn effected other squad members who haven’t been symptomatic and this has spread through the team until this was identified via testing . On a negative note going back to our game being postponed against Inverness and the idiotic comments from Dunfermline fans Tin pot club , always the wee team , should be deducted points well yous were warned at the time every club would be affected at some point during the season but hopefully the players will return fit and healthy 

It's not clear at all that this is what happened, because only one player has tested positive and the rest are simply isolating as close contacts.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

How did the Pars travel to and from Palmerston on the 27th?

They travelled there in hope,  they went home in dejection. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Sure the away team uses changing rooms under/behind the stand opposite the main stand where the home & away teams normally change. While the home team uses the dressing rooms below the mainstand. 

Surely more than 1 bus would have been used unless lots of players staff used cars? Noticed Dundee had 2 buses down at Palmerston. 

I thought the away team used the changing rooms in the Ice Bowl like Heston do when they're at Palmerston, I'm not sure though. As you say Queens use both the normal "Home"  and "Away"  dressing rooms in the Main Stand so the players are spread out. I'm not sure how pre-match and half-time team talks go if the squad is split,  maybe the participating  11 in one dressing room and subs in the other. 

Training together has not equated to a 'close contact' in Covid terms with other outbreaks. Sitting on adjacent seats on the bus for 30 minutes, yes. Sharing a pitch? No.
In most other outbreaks, there have been 2/3 'close contacts' identified after a positive case.
Dunfermline have 1 positive case. How can they not fulfil the fixture. If so many players have been identified as close contacts meaning they can't field a team, what on earth have they been doing.

Where is it confirmed that there is only one positive case?

Why was it ok for the Wee Team to have there game against ICT postponed by it’s not ok for us?

You’ll be praying you are awarded a win as that’s your only hope beating us this season.

Should be a 3 nil win to Raith if Dunfermline can’t fulfill the fixture. No chance they couldn’t throw 14 players together. 

No other team in our league has been made to throw together a team together. The Wee Team got a game postponed due to Covid. What’s different this time?

13 minutes ago, Kdy Par said:

Why was it ok for the Wee Team to have there game against ICT postponed by it’s not ok for us?

You’ll be praying you are awarded a win as that’s your only hope beating us this season.

The man is a Morton fan.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

How did the Pars travel to and from Palmerston on the 27th? If, for some reason, a large number of players travelled together or they used a bus, that would easily explain this fiasco.

Everyone on the bus would not be deemed close contacts, just adjacent seats within 2m.

1 hour ago, Kdy Par said:

All the reports say 'a positive case'. There could be more, granted, but the numbers are usually put out there if there are more.

I am a Morton fan. I have no interest in a Raith win. And yes, I gave it tight to Morton when we had our outbreak.

For reference, our numbers - 1 positive case with 2 close contacts, then a further 3 positive cases with no close contacts.

We played our games.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Was there this much scrutiny from the Rovers fans when their own team had an outbreak? Genuine question.

In as much as there were people with no idea asking questions and people with no information answering them, yes. 

It's all just interminably boring, isn't it? Do both your goalies use the same massage table? Did Declan McManus stand too close to Dom Thomas at some point over the last eight days? Who cares? 

It's just a vague notion of tribalism driving a wave of indignation that's totally unwarranted and uninteresting. 

It's not even like breaking Covid regulations gives you a sporting advantage. If - and I really don't imagine it is the case, any more than it was for the Rovers a month or two ago - Dunfermline have been lax with the Covid protections, then they've failed in an obligation to their employees, but it's not going to help them win football matches. 

Some people are always going to be desperate to find a stick to beat their rivals with, but this is on a level with finding out that the guy who drives the team bus doesn't technically have the right category of driving licence. It's so far removed from actual football, there's no point discussing it. 

2 hours ago, Kdy Par said:

No other team in our league has been made to throw together a team together. The Wee Team got a game postponed due to Covid. What’s different this time?

My club’s had plenty of covid call offs and had to play. It is what it is. 

If I remember correctly your club played a cup game against a club fielding a team mate up of youth players and also a team losing a game with a 3 nil walkover. 

Edited by Yenitit