Fife Derby, BBC Scotland Tuesday (30th March) night extravaganza

38 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Vaughan is available he shouldn't be starting. We chucked him in last time and he barely had a touch. We need to build up his fitness over time. 

Equally he’s not going to get back to full fitness playing 20mins here and there. He’ll need to be starting games. I’d have Gullan in for Armstrong here, probably persist with Duku and start Musonda instead of Davo.

I agree.  I think Musonda will return, and Duku keep his place from the start, inevitably making way fro Gullan after an hour. The team is in much better shape than the EEP horror show, especially with Matthews and Henry back. I fully expect us to win despite that humphy backit basttard being certain to score.

6 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I think we’ll go with the same team as yesterday, assuming everyone remains fit. I would bring Musonda back in at centre back but I don’t think McGlynn will. Likewise, I didn’t think Duku was great but McGlynn seemed happy enough so I think he’ll keep his place.

As someone else said, eventually we need to pick a number 9 and stick with them a few games, chopping and changing every week doesn’t help anyone. I like Gullan but I prefer him in a ‘wide forward’ role rather than as a single central striker. Our game relies on the central striker bring the midfield into the game and that’s not really Gullan’s game.

As for this game, I have no clue what to expect. I thought we had a good chance at EEP and Crawford did a number on us and we got hammered. The midfield has a much better look to it this time with Matthews and Hendry back so hopefully that will help. Hopefully our players are desperate to make amends after being embarrassed in the last derby.

Sounds from McGlynn’s comments through the week and the commentators yesterday that Vaughan should be available again. We should have a very strong bench with Thomson, Mendy, Musonda, King, Tait, Vaughan, Gullan, Ugwu and Abraham all vying for the 7 places (assuming the starting line up remains unchanged).

Also have to take in account that Dunfermline are probably starting with a 2 goals headstart given the inevitability of goals for McManus and Wighton...

It would be nice if we could string two results and performances together and this would be as good a time as any to start.

Doubtful, after the relative success of three CB’s, I see Musonda/Davo/Bene across the back, Tumilty and KMac on the wings, PotY JMac in goal, Hendry and Matthews in the middle and Armstrong/Duku/Kennedy up top. Would like to see Tait for Armstrong and Ugwu or Abraham for Duku, but expect JMcG to stay loyal.

58 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

No idea how this will work out with Crawford in charge. 

He'll be expecting a different game to the last one. There was nothing betwwen the sides until Davo went sleep walking then we capitulated. I expect the team to be anxious to rectify that embarassment.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Doubtful, after the relative success of three CB’s, I see Musonda/Davo/Bene across the back, Tumilty and KMac on the wings, PotY JMac in goal, Hendry and Matthews in the middle and Armstrong/Duku/Kennedy up top. Would like to see Tait for Armstrong and Ugwu or Abraham for Duku, but expect JMcG to stay loyal.

I don’t know about doubtful, I think it’s more likely than not we’ll stick with the same team and formation. McGlynn rarely changes a winning team. In terms of ‘relative success’ of three centre backs, have we not only played that away to Morton in the league this season? One game, in terrible conditions. The time to continue with 3 at the back was away to Arbroath and the fact McGlynn didn’t in those conditions tells you it is not his favoured formation.

Given how our two centre backs were exposed at EEP there is always the chance he may switch it up with a 3 this time if Musonda is fully fit but I don’t see it. Our incredibly lightweight midfield was equally to blame in that game and I think McGlynn will be keen to rectify that with Spencer, Matthews and Hendry all playing this time around.

glad this is on council tele, dont think i could face paying £14 on another dug s*** performance away from home.

only things im confident about happening in this game are, raith will score at least 1 goal  from a shot that our keeper should be saving, mcmanus will commit at least 5 fouls and get booked at some point. 

my money will be going on btts and over 2.5 goals. dont think i can bring myself to sticking a raith win on my coupon.

Edited by dafc_lee

18 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

First and only person that’a had a problem with it this season.

Been getting glowing reviews from everyone else all season.

Probably cos he's on a Zoom call with Paul Paton at the same time...……...

Dunfermline are a good side, regardless of recent form - they are still 3rd in the league and have players that will cause us bother.  Mcmanus and Wighton are almost guaranteed to play well against us.

I was quietly confident going into the last game, and we got a hiding, so who knows.  Our midfield should be in a better place with Matthews back in there.

Happy enough with the same side I guess.  Wouldn't mind seeing Musonda back in, but I don't imagine Mcglynn will. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

garfield and friends what GIF by Boomerang Official

He's not wrong though, is he? 

For as good as the Pars were from the second the first goal went in, neither team could string two passes together for the majority of the first half. 

The second half was a completely dominant, very impressive demolition job (OFW's best efforts notwithstanding), but nobody was predicting it after 40 minutes. 

23 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

He's not wrong though, is he? 

Every game starts 0-0. There is literally "nothing between the teams" until the first side scores. That's how sports work, in general. You just admitted yourself for more than half of the game you were run over the top of.