Fife Derby, BBC Scotland Tuesday (30th March) night extravaganza

For the last time this season the two Fife Championship teams meet for the keys to the Kingdom, with Kirkcaldy's Starks Park the venue. This one is your Friday evening BBC Scotland game.

The last two meetings this season saw Raith chuck away a two goal lead at home to draw 2-2 and, just last month, we dished out a 4-1 pumping in one of our best performances of the season 

I am not confident about this game. We have won exactly one away game in the league all season, and that was matchday 2. We've thrown up some stinking performances away from home and our form is gash.

Euan Murray was missing from the squad entirely today, indicating an injury. Lewis Mayo got our first red card of the season today. With Lewis Martin a long term injury, we have only one other option to in the centre of the defence alongside Paul Watson, and that's Vytas Gaspuitis, our recent signing who was in the squad for the first time today. Will he get a debut on Friday, or will Crawford try Whittaker back there?

Raith currently hold second place and will surely be confident of a win here. We have The Man Who Wrists Forgot in goals, so if Raith fancy a shot from outside the box, which we are very accommodating with (as shown in the game at East End between the teams, as well as numerous other games) then they'll have some joy.

Anyway, bedsheets and cheats. There, that's the horrendous patter done.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, bedsheets and cheats. There, that's the horrendous patter done.

Also wee team and this kingdom is ours. 

As for the game. We went into the last derby fairly confident and got our totties so no idea how this one will pan out. Any win will do in all honesty. 

11 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Michael Stewart will pop up on our screens to f**k that up.

I'm hoping they get Ryan Stevenson back and that he goes in to detail about John Hughes' time at Starks. Get the groundsman on as well.

19 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Let's buy virtual tickets to help the wee team...

said no-one ever.

Form guide says Dunfermline win given we win and lose on alternate weeks, and it's our turn to win, and Rovers to lose.

You've got it sussed out already. You're due at least one more away win this season and we don't do evenings home or away.☹️

8 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Let's buy virtual tickets to help the wee team...

said no-one ever.

Form guide says Dunfermline win given we win and lose on alternate weeks, and it's our turn to win, and Rovers to lose.

Since our last BBC Friday night game at Ayr, our league form is:

WLWLWLWLW

I think this could be the draw that breaks the sequence. 

We’ve got a great chance here to go 3 points clear with a game in hand.

Form here would point to a Pars win but McGlynn talking about needing start putting wins together now and getting more consistency etc in his pre-match interview on Thursday past. This would be a great time to show that.

Not sure what to think. I’m glad it’s at home but at the same time it’s a Friday night, and we don’t do late kickoffs under the floodlights.

Wighton’s last game against us saw him score a Hatrick.

2-1 Pars unfortunately with 2 former Rovers grabbing the goals. Wighton and McManus.

McManus, Wighton and Fraser Murray all seem to have a penchant for a cracking performance against us. Ideally we’d see Davidson out and Musonda in, but I’ve no idea what go should play up front. Duku has been absent lately and got back in yesterday but didn’t do much, Ugwu was stinking alongside everyone else v Arbroath and didn’t look threatening when he came on yesterday. Abraham wasn’t in the squad yesterday, assume he has a knock, but has been poor since he joined. Would be nice to see Vaughan again at some point, he’s not even been mentioned for a few weeks now. Gullan up front? f**k knows.

I think we’ll go with the same team as yesterday, assuming everyone remains fit. I would bring Musonda back in at centre back but I don’t think McGlynn will. Likewise, I didn’t think Duku was great but McGlynn seemed happy enough so I think he’ll keep his place.

As someone else said, eventually we need to pick a number 9 and stick with them a few games, chopping and changing every week doesn’t help anyone. I like Gullan but I prefer him in a ‘wide forward’ role rather than as a single central striker. Our game relies on the central striker bring the midfield into the game and that’s not really Gullan’s game.

As for this game, I have no clue what to expect. I thought we had a good chance at EEP and Crawford did a number on us and we got hammered. The midfield has a much better look to it this time with Matthews and Hendry back so hopefully that will help. Hopefully our players are desperate to make amends after being embarrassed in the last derby.

Sounds from McGlynn’s comments through the week and the commentators yesterday that Vaughan should be available again. We should have a very strong bench with Thomson, Mendy, Musonda, King, Tait, Vaughan, Gullan, Ugwu and Abraham all vying for the 7 places (assuming the starting line up remains unchanged).

Also have to take in account that Dunfermline are probably starting with a 2 goals headstart given the inevitability of goals for McManus and Wighton...

It would be nice if we could string two results and performances together and this would be as good a time as any to start.

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

I think we’ll go with the same team as yesterday, assuming everyone remains fit. I would bring Musonda back in at centre back but I don’t think McGlynn will. Likewise, I didn’t think Duku was great but McGlynn seemed happy enough so I think he’ll keep his place.

As someone else said, eventually we need to pick a number 9 and stick with them a few games, chopping and changing every week doesn’t help anyone. I like Gullan but I prefer him in a ‘wide forward’ role rather than as a single central striker. Our game relies on the central striker bring the midfield into the game and that’s not really Gullan’s game.

As for this game, I have no clue what to expect. I thought we had a good chance at EEP and Crawford did a number on us and we got hammered. The midfield has a much better look to it this time with Matthews and Hendry back so hopefully that will help. Hopefully our players are desperate to make amends after being embarrassed in the last derby.

Sounds from McGlynn’s comments through the week and the commentators yesterday that Vaughan should be available again. We should have a very strong bench with Thomson, Mendy, Musonda, King, Tait, Vaughan, Gullan, Ugwu and Abraham all vying for the 7 places (assuming the starting line up remains unchanged).

Also have to take in account that Dunfermline are probably starting with a 2 goals headstart given the inevitability of goals for McManus and Wighton...

It would be nice if we could string two results and performances together and this would be as good a time as any to start.

If Vaughan is available he shouldn't be starting. We chucked him in last time and he barely had a touch. We need to build up his fitness over time.