Arbroath V QOS.

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

One small suggestion for you guys (that I noticed Arbroath did today that we don't), can you let the clock continue beyond the 90 minutes? I find it really frustrating at the end not knowing how much added time has been played.

Thats a discussion we've had. The opposite argument to yours is that without knowing how much added time is scheduled knowing how much has been played doesnt really add anything - you've still no idea how long is left in the game.

Happy enough to change it though, if I remember!

We were well beaten by a better team today. A poor performance from us, but outplayed by a great midfield and attack. I was a bit shocked to see how badly our heads went down at 2-2. Pignatiello looks a player though.

Please someone tell the commentators it’s not Pignatellio. And please someone tell them when the video stream goes to commentate on the play and not just continually apologise.

Queens are easily the best team we’ve played this year. Quality and pace throughout the team. Despite that we should have done better after going 2 up. Some of our recent stars were off their game. Williamson looked to be struggling with an injury.
Hilson was great again and I was impressed by the new boy Pignatiello. That’s Peen ya tee el oh [emoji6]
Reality check for us. Need to concentrate for all the game. Thought we were on easy street. Two tough games coming up as well

QOS well worth win. At 2-0 up we started to play in our own half and got closed down. They scored. More poor defending the some impressive attacking had us we’ll beat. Mebude is some player as seen on BBC a week or so a go.

Need to get another co-commentator. Farmer was OK for a week or two but is starting to be annoying. The first minute they talked crap while Arbroath were attacking. At halftime the never mentioned substitution and only at 90 minute told us the reason for TOBs mask.

The commentary was absolute quality the Co commentator sounded like Hector brocklebank lol buchanan Gibson Jones and dapo all outstanding just hope that's not the last time we see jones because of his injury today

Presumably you mean replays? We've done that all season, as well as highlights at half time and full time
ETA - in fact, I would say we provide more replays during the game than anyone else. The big thing we're missing is multiple cameras
Yes replays, we do show them but they did it almost instantly. Something I'd like to add.

From a neutral/QoS point of view you'll be hard pushed to watch a more entertaining game at this level. A brilliant game of football today.

An awful start from us and from what I saw (on the 'dodgy' stream) before Arbroath TV kicked in, Arbroath were good value for their 2 goal lead and their pace up front seemed to really be unsettling our defence. Hard debut for Dickson but the correct call by AJ, though I still don't understand why Dapo never started. Even moremore importantly when he came on we seemed to get back to ourselves defensively. Just a brilliant turnaround in the half. Second half Ayo's excellent finish killed the game. Other than Hamilton missing a great chance we limited Arbroath to shots from far out that never threatened. Solid in the second half.

My motm, even without the goals, was Ayo. He looks very assured in there and gives great cover to the defence. Buchanan was once again solid, winning everything that came his way in the second half.

Better than the result was the fight shown today. 2-0 down even that early on has historically meant the game was over. To turn it around was special but to go into the 2nd half leading was exceptional. I jokingly said earlier in the season how I was annoyed we couldn't get in to boo this side. It's such an opposite now. There was something unfulfilling not being able to show the players appreciation for such a superb performance today.

The massive dent is Jones. It felt very similar to the massive win against Thistle where Dobbie scored and immediately pulled up injured. Hopefully he isn't out too long.

Yes replays, we do show them but they did it almost instantly. Something I'd like to add.
I'm genuinely not sure what you think we do that's different.
Must admit that I find our replay coverage better. There were a couple of incidents today for us that I'd have liked to have seen again but weren't shown. Whereas similar things for Arbroath seemed to get a replay. Not exclusively mind you but it was more focused on the Arbroath side.

16 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

mebude standing on his own at the back post? Jones did very well thought he was very good but arbroath could of done a lot more to prevent that shot/ cross.

You can claim defenders could have done more for every goal.

The defending from either side wasnt particularly poor for any of the goals.

14 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:
17 hours ago, Mr X said:
Presumably you mean replays? We've done that all season, as well as highlights at half time and full time
ETA - in fact, I would say we provide more replays during the game than anyone else. The big thing we're missing is multiple cameras

I'm not a great fan of instant replays tbh, unless there's a break in play, if not,  the replays should be shown when there is a break.  Even in coverage by the "big"  broadcasters you sometimes miss other incidents when they're showing replays. Going "split screen" to show replays is maybe a fair compromise but personally  I'd rather wait a minute or two so I'm not having to watch live action and replays together. 

On another note,  I notice some clubs include adverts in their streams in the lead-up to kick-off,  is this not a "stream"  of income that we should consider?  It would also possibly act as a stream test in advance of the match starting. 

14 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm not a great fan of instant replays tbh, unless there's a break in play, if not,  the replays should be shown when there is a break.  Even in coverage by the "big"  broadcasters you sometimes miss other incidents when they're showing replays. Going "split screen" to show replays is maybe a fair compromise but personally  I'd rather wait a minute or two so I'm not having to watch live action and replays together. 

On another note,  I notice some clubs include adverts in their streams in the lead-up to kick-off,  is this not a "stream"  of income that we should consider?  It would also possibly act as a stream test in advance of the match starting. 

I agree on the replays and thats what we try and do. Generally, if theres a quick restart from a goal kick, free kick etc then we dont show the replay or show it later when theres a break in play. Its also one of the reasons we show them at half time and full time as theres often incidents we dont get a chance to show a replay of.

Its not the 1970s so there will be no split screen ;):lol:

I think if the commercial manager hadnt been furloughed for most of the season we might have included ads in the streams. If someone wants to liaise with the business and put together some videos to use that would be great, but there isnt anyone with the time right now.

The camera gets plugged in and the stream turned on basically as soon as everything is setup. Having ads wont help test the stream.