Worst Scotland international players

AllySloan

Scott Severin , the most anonymous player ever , what did he ever do in any game ? A mention for a young player I watched come through at Accies , Eamonn Brophy , never mind expected to see him in a Scotland shirt

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2021 at 21:01, Savage Henry said:

Versus Paul Dixon?

I can remember Paul Dixon having a great game against Serbia on his debut for Scotland, I know this thread is more around "how did they get picked" rather than how they did play when they got picked, but surely that exempts him from such a list.

3 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I can remember Paul Dixon having a great game against Serbia on his debut for Scotland, I know this thread is more around "how did they get picked" rather than how they did play when they got picked, but surely that exempts him from such a list.

Paul Dixon was fantastic that day. Pretty sure had had just moved to Huddersfield at the time and was their record signing. Certainly a justified signing at a time when we had very few players playing any higher than the championship.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Stevie Crawford. 

he wisnae the worst in the Euro 2004 section from what I remember the alternatives were kevin kyle and stephen dobie at the time .  He had a bit of a purple patch in his career with brewster at dunfermline and I think he even scored against spain (in the match that had the blackout). 

Edited by greenockraver

he wisnae the worst in the Euro 2004 section from what I remember the alternatives were kevin kyle and stephen dobie at the time .  He had a bit of a purple patch in his career with brewster at dunfermline and I think he even scored against spain (in the match that had the blackout). 
Think it was McFadden, direct from a corner, who scored that one.

But aye, Crawford was decent especially considering the alternatives.

Edit: I'm wrong too - it was an OG from a McFadden free kick!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/scotland/3604626.stm

Delighted to see neither Stevie May or Murray Davidson mentioned, perhaps to their combined time on the pitch being a few seconds. 

Worth remembering though, if someone was to raise them, that the Stevie May that played for Scotland was a different player than the post-injury version that plays today, even if his fringe inclusion was about the max appropriate. 

David Goodwillie has a goal for Scotland, and so does David Clarkson.  There are a fair few obvious ones like Garry Kenneth and Robbie Stockdale, but I presume they’ve already been covered.

Against the world champions, no less.

13 hours ago, greenockraver said:

It was Scott Dobie - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Dobie

I'm sure they will have already been mentioned, but Garry Teale was dogshit and Ian Black was only picked so the manager could get a good laugh at the fans. 

I doubt Jordan Archer will be seen again either after he chucked in a couple on his debut.