Top 6 Super knackered Saints v Staggies

I think we were the better side in the first half and probably should have been 1 up but for a great save from Laidlaw. Second half Ross County were better and should have got something at the start of the half. 

Penalty was very soft, but given the soft ones we got against us (Celtic / Hibs), swings and roundabouts I guess....

Still think we need more to confirm the top 6, but huge result. 

Not really tbh, I think we're too far back to get 5th, so getting 6th has little to no appeal for me. I'll be happy enough with a 7th/8th place finish secured soon so planning for next season can start. Decent first season for a new manager considering the circumstances IMO.
A few months ago we looked like we were right in the relegation battle.
Tommy Wright was always going to be a tough act to follow, especially for an inexperienced manager. He'll be able to put his own stamp on the squad when contacts expire and he can make his own signings.

I know you's have had it good with high league placings in the last decade or so but the bread and butter for clubs our size is safety first.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

There's a few other connotations that could lead to St. Johnstone getting 6th including us getting a doing at Ibrox and still picking up a point at Accies and St. Johnstone gaining 7 points from their next 3 games but I agree it's now unlikely.

They're six points behind us, and we have a superior goal difference of three.

If we were to lose our next two games by a single goal, ceteris paribus, they'd have an inferior goal difference of minus one. So if they picked up six points and score two more than they concede in their last three fixtures, then they'd pip us to sixth spot. Or am I being thick? 

6 minutes ago, Ralstonite said:

They're six points behind us, and we have a superior goal difference of three.

If we were to lose our next two games by a single goal, ceteris paribus, they'd have an inferior goal difference of minus one. So if they picked up six points and score two more than they concede in their last three fixtures, then they'd pip us to sixth spot. Or am I being thick? 

Aye, if it goes to GD with St J, they’ll finish above us.

Watching the penalty back on Alba, the reactions of Fjelde and Watson are telling I think. They complain but their hearts aren't really in it. It's not the kind of vehement reaction you see from footballers when they know an opponent has dived.

By the way, definite penalty for the poleaxing of Shaughnessy in the first half. Probably would have got a header in on goal had he not been elbowed in the face.

Edited by Buttocks Brown