Top 6 Super knackered Saints v Staggies

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There's a few other connotations that could lead to St. Johnstone getting 6th including us getting a doing at Ibrox and still picking up a point at Accies and St. Johnstone gaining 7 points from their next 3 games but I agree it's now unlikely.

I just reckon we'll either win the Final then be distracted for Hamilton and/or be knackered and fail to win both leagues we have over the next 7 days, or we'll lose and that will knock confidence and we'll spiral for a game or two. And you'll pick up at least 1pt from your next 2 which will seal it 100%.

Sore one to take that. Definitely a game of two halves in which Saints had the better of the first half but we certainly had more opportunities in the second. Penalty decision is baffling but these things cost you when you have an inability to take chances. Constantly getting big wins against sides when there’s no pressure then not turning up to follow them up will likely be what costs us this season. Still well in our hands but need to start taking our chances if we’ve any hope of playing Premiership football next season.

Feels like we stole that one due to it being a late goal but we were absolutely on top for the full first half. Staggies must better 2nd half after they made their changes. I don’t see them often but amazed Tremarco still gets starts! 

Bow between Ross County, Killie and Accies. County easily have enough to finish top of that mini league 

Tremarco was off the pace today but, to be fair, has been decent passed few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Tremarco was off the pace today but, to be fair, has been decent passed few weeks.

You can see he still has ability but his legs are gone, the tackle he got booked for came from him being so late to the party.

15 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

So Durmus on Naismith wasn't more clumsy then? Or are we forgetting that happened? can't be arsed arguing cause I know you're taking the piss and in all honesty I'm a seething mess at the moment.

I haven’t seen the penalty but most people agree it was on the soft side and I’m certainly not going to dispute that.
I don’t know if it will help your seethe or not but think back to the last game between the sides at Saints Park. Shaughnessy cleared from Ross Stewart who then went down screeching trying to fool the ref into believing it was a bad foul. Ref was having none of it, however fourth official Willie Collum, who for some reason has always hated St.Mirren, told the rookie ref to send him off. We were 1-0 up at the time but with a man short we ended up having to hang on a bit desperately for a 1-1 draw. 
However there’s more to it than that, we had been on decent wee run up to then. But the preposterous sending off turned out to be a bit of a turning point, not only did we struggle for the rest of that match, we weren’t really at it for next few games and it began to look like it was going to be a tough season. 
However I’m sure Willie Collum was happy. 

Harsh on County as they came into the game in the 2nd half , the 3 points are a huge relief and it doesn't really matter how you get them but when its a contentious decision that decides the game, you do have to feel sorry for opposition.

We have had a couple of soft ones given now, some soft ones against us and some blatant ones not given for us this season.

I thought the defender was a bit clumsy as he definitely didn't make any contact with the ball and with the way players fall over with the slightest of contact these days it gave the ref a decision to make.

Well done to the players though, they seen it out. We never make things easy for ourselves but we are safe as early as i can ever remember (barring the Hearts -15 season, but we made a meal of that too). Hopefully we can get this top 6 monkey finally off our back.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’ve taken plenty of sly (well natured) digs at St Mirren over the last few seasons but they are having a really strong season and it’s good to see. 

Don't worry mate, nobody noticed.

I thought it was a penalty. Quamer gets goalside and the defender leans into him.

County looked very poor first half, but much improved after the break.

We really dodged a bullet with that mad flurry where County should’ve scored twice, had a stonewall penalty denied and should have had a free kick on the edge of the box all in about 15 seconds.

The 3 subs Hughes made at half time had a massive impact.

All-in-all we probably nicked that. I didn’t think County deserved the win, but they certainly could have had a point without much complaint.

Remember when we had Oran Kearney come in and rescue our season after the Stubbs debacle. 

I remember going to Dens park needing a win and the fakes to win at Hamilton, but they both conspired a 0-0 stich up. 

Lets hope we can f**k up at least one of their seasons before the split.

Edited by glenburn bud

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Congratulations to St Mirren on finishing in the top half, interesting to see how you deal with this Summer. Clubs like Partick have collapsed afterwards, but you lot seem to have a plan in place to work on which should prevent that.

Said through clenched teeth 🤣🤣

I thought we were much the better side in the first half and Erwin led the line well.

Big Joe going off, alongside the County changes, unsettled us a bit I think and it evened up the game.

The penalty was an experienced striker getting in front of an inexperienced defender. Small amount of contact from behind and down he goes. Soft but naive from the defender.

Didn't catch the game today but sounds like we were pretty fortunate. Given the efforts the players and Jim have put in this season though, they've more than earned their luck.

To grind out a win with a patched up side against a team fighting for their life, at the arse end of an 11 game/34 day slog is a phenomenal effort. It really would take a Hammarby esq sequence of events for us to miss out on top 6 now. Hopefully a few bodies back and recovered for Hamilton in a couple of weeks.

29 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Said through clenched teeth 🤣🤣

Not really tbh, I think we're too far back to get 5th, so getting 6th has little to no appeal for me. I'll be happy enough with a 7th/8th place finish secured soon so planning for next season can start. Decent first season for a new manager considering the circumstances IMO.

A few months ago we looked like we were right in the relegation battle.

Not really tbh, I think we're too far back to get 5th, so getting 6th has little to no appeal for me. I'll be happy enough with a 7th/8th place finish secured soon so planning for next season can start. Decent first season for a new manager considering the circumstances IMO.
A few months ago we looked like we were right in the relegation battle.

I agree , I thought CD was struggling to get to grips with the job at first , but he has settled into the job since. I thought his selection and tactics v Hibs in the semi was terrific.