Top 6 Super knackered Saints v Staggies

36 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Hindsight is wonderful but shaw or Hylton should’ve been in from the start for andreu , they are both in form so play them! Could possibly have swung the game in our favour as andreu isn’t up to it yet (there’s been flashes but nothing consistent) 

The last bit of your post encapsulates Andreu's time at St Mirren.

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The last bit of your post encapsulates Andreu's time at St Mirren.

Andreu has the brain but the body doesn't do what the mind wants it to.

I lost count of how many times he got onto loose balls at the edge of the box from set pieces that ended up scooped over the bar.

Andreu has the brain but the body doesn't do what the mind wants it to.
I lost count of how many times he got onto loose balls at the edge of the box from set pieces that ended up scooped over the bar.
Not to forget he was on our set pieces initially and was removed from them a few weeks into the season.

Really frustrating player but was undroppable at times. Had the fear he was going to get a new deal last season.

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Hindsight is wonderful but shaw or Hylton should’ve been in from the start for andreu , they are both in form so play them! Could possibly have swung the game in our favour as andreu isn’t up to it yet (there’s been flashes but nothing consistent)

Just like his time with us. More an observer than a player in a game. And cannot keep a ball below 50m.

Yeah, you are right, I didn't realise it was that much, but £125k is a couple of first team players (or one high earner) for St Mirren. 
I think it'll be more this season because of the new TV deal, obviously having no crowds will have impacted us, but the new deal in addition to the higher finish should soften the financial blow somewhat.

18 minutes ago, ropy said:

I’ve not read this thread but I have just seen that penalty award, embarrassing, Goodwin has his players throwing themselves all over the box.  You could argue they are cheats.

:lol:

Going to need better than that Ropy.

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Ropy struggling with the fact that Motherwell can’t beat us and we’re going to finish above them.
Delightful.

All it would have taken is for Tony Watt to have tumbled to the deck when his heel was clipped clearly in the last game. Even the commentators were querying why he stayed on his feet...

Simples. We are not into synchronised diving like the buddies. Fair play. Clearly Goodwin has said if you feel someone’s breath on you collapse like a sack o tatties. Got them many points this season. Tainted top 6 imho. 

16 minutes ago, welldaft said:

All it would have taken is for Tony Watt to have tumbled to the deck when his heel was clipped clearly in the last game.

..and yet, he crumpled to the ground from a tap on the ankle shouting as if he has broken his leg. I think I'll take the "heel was clipped" with a pinch of salt.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

All it would have taken is for Tony Watt to have tumbled to the deck when his heel was clipped clearly in the last game. Even the commentators were querying why he stayed on his feet...

Simples. We are not into synchronised diving like the buddies. Fair play. Clearly Goodwin has said if you feel someone’s breath on you collapse like a sack o tatties. Got them many points this season. Tainted top 6 imho. 

reactiongifs GIF

Oh no....'tainted' top 6, that's soooo disappointing.

9 hours ago, ropy said:

I’ve not read this thread but I have just seen that penalty award, embarrassing, Goodwin has his players throwing themselves all over the box.  You could argue they are cheats.

Fix the OF and then ‘Well’ talk 👍🏻

AE692703-E4D9-4D09-A017-280E8EFB67E2.jpeg

Edited by Torfason

22 hours ago, ropy said:

Every club is cheated by refs at some point. Rangers got 4 none penalties against us as proved on Sportscene analysis.  Your defender was on the wrong side of our striker that's the bottom line.