Top 6 Super knackered Saints v Staggies

We get a decision in what is described as a soft penalty. In true Sportscene fashion, they don’t bother to show Watson smash Joe Shaughnessy with his elbow in the penalty box when he’s about to head for goal. 

Get it right up that fucking wee oddity who fronts the show. 

Never a penalty.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAJAJAH...! 

It's shit, but I'm not even a wee bit sorry.  We shipped 4 at Ibrox, 3 100% weren't.  I was fucking raging, and am still going on about it it now...  

"These things even themselves up by the end of the season..."

County will stay up this season.  

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

We get a decision in what is described as a soft penalty. In true Sportscene fashion, they don’t bother to show Watson smash Joe Shaughnessy with his elbow in the penalty box when he’s about to head for goal. 

Get it right up that fucking wee oddity who fronts the show. 

Aye but “Taylor gave the referee a decision to make” and “felt contact so he was entitled to go down”.................no offense to RC but the fucking hypocrisy of Scottish football is mind blowing. 

7 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Tommy Wright was always going to be a tough act to follow, especially for an inexperienced manager. He'll be able to put his own stamp on the squad when contacts expire and he can make his own signings.

I know you's have had it good with high league placings in the last decade or so but the bread and butter for clubs our size is safety first.

Isn't the money for 6th also at least somewhat more substantial than 7th or 8th?

4 minutes ago, madmitch said:

According to this: https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Sixth place gets £125K more than seventh, so for the smaller clubs, to me that would be a considerable difference. You could basically pay 2 players' wages with the difference between sixth and seventh.

On another note, it also demonstrates the financial necessity not to be relegated.

Edited by AmericanFan
more

10 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Isn't the money for 6th also at least somewhat more substantial than 7th or 8th?

It's not hugely different. What made a difference to the finances, in previous seasons, was an additional home game v one of the b(h)igot brothers which, for St. Mirren, would have brought in an  additional £150k in gate money compared to a game vs, say, the Saintees.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's not hugely different. What made a difference to the finances, in previous seasons, was an additional home game v one of the b(h)igot brothers which, for St. Mirren, would have brought in an  additional £150k in gate money compared to a game vs, say, the Saintees.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

3 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

According to this: https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-prize-pot-reaches-25m

Sixth place gets £125K more than seventh, so for the smaller clubs, to me that would be a considerable difference. You could basically pay 2 players' wages with the difference between sixth and seventh.

On another note, it also demonstrates the financial necessity not to be relegated.

Yeah, you are right, I didn't realise it was that much, but £125k is a couple of first team players (or one high earner) for St Mirren. 

Hindsight is wonderful but shaw or Hylton should’ve been in from the start for andreu , they are both in form so play them! Could possibly have swung the game in our favour as andreu isn’t up to it yet (there’s been flashes but nothing consistent)