Top 6 Super knackered Saints v Staggies

FT 1-0
Absolute daylight robbery, but a huge three points.
We were the better team first half and County better team second half. Looked like the game was fading out to a fifth consecutive draw and that would have been fair enough.
Then a coming together between Quaner and a defender in the box, penalty. Soft as they come but well dispatched by McGrath.
County had had a stonewall penalty denied earlier on in the half too after a foul by Durmus in the midst of a passage of play where they hit the bar twice.
I’d be absolutely sick if I was a County fan to be honest. They’ve been horribly unlucky and I feel for them. Least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
Best player for us? Another clean sheet so will go for McCarthy thought he had a decent game.
I thought 40 points would do it for top six, we now have 39. Within touching distance.

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

Your penalty was never a penalty, we had a clear penalty not given and missed easy chances. Pretty much sums it up.

You were rank rotten in the first half, we never took chances. The teams were more even in the second half, you didn't take chances. We were the better team overall but tired near the end of the game due to it being something like our 9th game in 3 weeks so to be expected. If you didn't want to concede a penalty, your defender shouldn't have made a clumsy challenge.

Congratulations to St Mirren on finishing in the top half, interesting to see how you deal with this Summer. Clubs like Partick have collapsed afterwards, but you lot seem to have a plan in place to work on which should prevent that.

That was a bit of luck that we haven’t had for the last few games. I think Jim was fortunate too as the midfield fell to bits after those subs, McAllister was awful after a good first half.

Very pleased with the result you and you would think a win at Accies would secure top six now.

6 points from those February fixtures isn't terrible. Obviously next week is an important game - I do think the season probably hinges on that.

Credit to Hughes, he's got us more competitive. I still don't think it'll be enough to avoid finishing in the bottom two but we'll probably walk the play-offs