Top 6 Super knackered Saints v Staggies

9 minutes ago, GAD said:

It hasn't even really looked like he's going to come good at all for us to be honest. Junior always looked like he could come good, but never did, it's not the same with Erwin.

He's also been pretty unlucky that we've been mostly ok all season, but our fans love a boo boy target and he's the only guy really fitting the bill. If he'd played for us a couple of seasons ago he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the level of stick he does.

I would 100% have Cody Cooke on the bench over Erwin. At least you felt like Cooke might ruffle some feathers when he got on the park.

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I would 100% have Cody Cooke on the bench over Erwin. At least you felt like Cooke might ruffle some feathers when he got on the park.

I wouldn't, Cooke was rubbish. Nice guy, gave 100%, and got that Jack Hamilton assisted hat trick everyone remembers him for, but was a bad player who struggled to get into a bad team. Erwin would have been starting every week in our 18/19 team.

ETA- just to be clear, my position is, in an ideal world, I would have neither of them!

Edited by GAD

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

This game will be tight, we seem to give up really easy chances to the teams around us by playing from the back, or trying to at least. 

Ideally we play a similar 11 to the team that beat Celtic as those boys deserve another run out, maybe bringing Paton in ahead of Andreu and Watson in for Morris.

Does Maouche actually exist btw? We could do with a lively player off of the front of White.

It's the John Hughes footballing philosophy.

Might actually work in this game with St Mirren chasing around after you as you play tippy tappy football, they'll run out of steam 2nd half. Just need to get it out from the back first.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

It's the John Hughes footballing philosophy.

Might actually work in this game with St Mirren chasing around after you as you play tippy tappy football, they'll run out of steam 2nd half. Just need to get it out from the back first.

It's part of his 'project' with us and in fairness when it's worked we've looked good. our defenders aren't really good enough to do it yet though. If we stay up I expect a big contract for Hughes and he'll bring his defenders in.

16 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

It's part of his 'project' with us and in fairness when it's worked we've looked good. our defenders aren't really good enough to do it yet though. If we stay up I expect a big contract for Hughes and he'll bring his defenders in.

That'll be interesting, his own signings are usually when things start going tits up. He did the same at Livi, and compensated for us not being good enough to bring the ball out of defence by bringing our best midfield player, Scougall, an attacking midfielder, back as a defensive midfielder to help bring the ball out. 

When he left us to go to Hartlepool i went onto their fans forum for a wee read to see what they thought of his style of football, it was quite funny reading their dismay at him having their big no nonsense CB's trying to play the ball out from the back, i think it only lasted for 3 or 4 games before he got enough abuse from their fans he stopped doing it. 

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I wouldn't, Cooke was rubbish. Nice guy, gave 100%, and got that Jack Hamilton assisted hat trick everyone remembers him for, but was a bad player who struggled to get into a bad team. Erwin would have been starting every week in our 18/19 team.

ETA- just to be clear, my position is, in an ideal world, I would have neither of them!

Nah, I stand by it! If they were both on the bench and I had to bring one on, I'd go Cooke. Happy to agree to disagree on that one.

42 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Goodwin saying German striker is fit. Think Obika will start with the German being used at some point. 

Will good to finally get a proper look at him. Hopefully his injury is behind him and he gets a run from now till the end of the season. 

Seems like he will be getting played as a centre forward according to Goodwin's interview. 

21 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fraser has been thoroughly decent for us. My MoM on a few occasions recently. I get that sometimes players just need to move on, but in him and Tait we made a couple of excellent signings - unwanted by their previous clubs

The club wanted to keep Fraser tbh, he just had a pretty poor season and a bulk of the fans had turned on him.

Result? f**k knows. What County turn up? Could be 3-0 or 0-1.

Edited by Comrie

Got a bit of the fear here. This will be our eighth game in February, it will be Ross County’s fourth. No doubts about who will be the fresher of the two teams then.
I certainly think it’s more likely that we win the Accies game at NDP in a fortnight than we win here. At least by that point we will have had a couple of midweeks off.
County haven’t won in Paisley since 2015. We’ve lost just one game out of our last 15 against teams outside the top six.
Draw again? Probably the most likely of the three possible results. At least a point will keep us in the top six for another week, regardless of what happens elsewhere. I just don’t think we will have enough in the legs to get the win.
The big Q to come off the bench to grab an equaliser.
1-1

Lee Erwin to lose the ball in the final third to Naismith who then gallops up the right plays a neat cutback to Tony andreu who nutmegs Marcus Fraser who proceeds to fall on his a*se , cool finish boom 1-0 the staggies......
You were doing ok until you mentioned Andreu then your master plan falls to bits.

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Lee Erwin to lose the ball in the final third to Naismith who then gallops up the right plays a neat cutback to Tony andreu who nutmegs Marcus Fraser who proceeds to fall on his a*se , cool finish boom 1-0 the staggies......

Believable, until the bit where Andreu absolutely skies it out of the ground. Our finishing in general is comically bad.