Alcohol and Football

Alcohol and Football  

188 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Planet Earth mate 

Fairly sure that no clubs would be asking to sell a mix of cocaine and tonic wine.

We’d only be doing small measures of sense of entitlement but I think certain clubs would sell that by the barrel. 

On 04/04/2022 at 13:01, johnnydun said:

People being pished at the football is not why grounds are not at capacity every week.

Shouting obscenities at opposition fans is something that I quite enjoy with our game, it's harmless one-up-manship. Show me a fan who has not done this in a Premiership game. This has also nothing to do with being pished.

Fuckin shite you come away with.

JohnyDump rises to the bait again.

Inability to construct a sentence without  foul language.

Did someone read this out for you?

You clearly misread to statement.

Go and get yourself educated, Oh and grow up while your at it.

1 minute ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

JohnyDump rises to the bait again.

Inability to construct a sentence without  foul language.

Did someone read this out for you?

You clearly misread to statement.

Go and get yourself educated, Oh and grow up while your at it.

Oh the irony.

18 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I well remember those dark days standing on the cinder terracing and drunks pishing where they stood, then we had the cans full of pish thrown over the crowd from the back, thankfully most of that has disappeared and at my club we have a bar on the outside of the stadium where all fans, home and away can enjoy a drink before the game.

According to some, probably not alcohol at the cause of this.

Yes. I remember the dark days , no more cinders , but still Clowns ready to launch any missile ready in their hand.

On 04/04/2022 at 14:36, VincentGuerin said:

Hilarious to see people claiming you don't get bother at the darts or the horses.

I mean, the mind boggles.

On the bevvy issue, I'm very much pro-choice. It's daft to not have it at least available to punters sitting watching Motherwell v Inverness etc. But folk making mad claims like that crack me up.

Likewise the numerous people making the mad claim that clubs will be charging £8-£9/pint and therefore what’s the point.

Anecdotally, between rugby at Murrayfield and football games down here (both EPL/Championship and non-league), pints have always been in the £5.50-£6.50 range which isn’t exactly unusual for pints in Edinburgh or London.

23 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve never tried bovril in my life. There, I said it. 

23 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Neither have I

I struggle to believe you two. It’s one of the reasons for going to the football, whether it’s Pittodrie or Glebe Park it’s a constant at Scottish football.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I struggle to believe you two. It’s one of the reasons for going to the football, whether it’s Pittodrie or Glebe Park it’s a constant at Scottish football.

I have been to both those places and haven't had bovril at either.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Hate to make this worse, but it’s extremely rare that I have a pie at the football too.