Greenock Morten v Dundee FC (27-02-21)

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Other than going into administration. As we all know Morten invented that.

I want McPake gone as much as anyone but I’d prefer he gets a stay of execution and that we slaughter these cheats.

That’s more like it... come on, froth it out like the Falkirk lads...

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Something very special in common however, for those of us who remember him playing, imho.

1736641908_download(31).jpg.9773e43214ee85a1420533662431081c.jpg                1398429049_download(32).jpg.56190f94538d3dc16664ea1e0c64cfc1.jpg      Regards

We should have a joint Zoom symposium dedicated solely to Duffy v Lennon at Easter Road... as entertaining as Scottish football gets (and maybe the only interesting thing that wee Ludo guy ever posted...).

Speaking of spectacularly bad Dundee signings that you were fully warned about in advance: Dominic Shimmin. 

Can’t argue with you there. You did all warn us, yourself in particular. Christ - he made Andrew Davies look like value for money. An absolute cunt of a man.

51 minutes ago, K.T said:

I believe "Part time baller, full time rocker" is the term you used.

I think that was the tagline to his Bebo  account (look it up kids) or similar while contracted to us!

49 career appearances in total, so David Irons did some truly miraculous management to wring most of the 38 games he had with us over two seasons. He then 'returned from injury' after months unavailable, as soon as we drew Celtic in the Scottish Cup in January 2010. 

One appearance with Dundee having signed a two year contract and then three with Dover Athletic to round off his 'career': no club since 2011 and he's still only 33 now.

The biggest waster of all time in footballing terms.

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I cant remember this player at all. Meh no loss 

He barely kicked a ball for us, but I remember when we signed him there was some on here (possibly me included) who thought he might actually be good.

12 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Something very special in common however, for those of us who remember him playing, imho.

1736641908_download(31).jpg.9773e43214ee85a1420533662431081c.jpg                1398429049_download(32).jpg.56190f94538d3dc16664ea1e0c64cfc1.jpg      Regards

When Neil Orr left us I thought we'd struggle to get a a replacement half as good, but Duffy was even better. Just as skilful but tough as granite. 

The Duff. Some plerr, and overall a better manager than he usually gets the credit for. 

👍

When Neil Orr left us I thought we'd struggle to get a a replacement half as good, but Duffy was even better. Just as skilful but tough as granite. 
The Duff. Some plerr, and overall a better manager than he usually gets the credit for. 
[emoji106]
Duffy was a fantastic player - not just his skills and toughness but his ability to read the game.

I think that was the tagline to his Bebo  account (look it up kids) or similar while contracted to us!
49 career appearances in total, so David Irons did some truly miraculous management to wring most of the 38 games he had with us over two seasons. He then 'returned from injury' after months unavailable, as soon as we drew Celtic in the Scottish Cup in January 2010. 
One appearance with Dundee having signed a two year contract and then three with Dover Athletic to round off his 'career': no club since 2011 and he's still only 33 now.
The biggest waster of all time in footballing terms.
Why was there doubt over his injury?

My recollection was that his hamstring was never right and we didn't give a medical.

Remember being excited about Shimmin. Watched him come on against Partick Thistle and he was a complete fat mess - and I'm talking Mark Yardley style - who looked like he couldn't be arsed. 

ETA: The only photo that I can find of him in action with us and he's not as bad as I recall in my head from that day.

ENIy9s1W4AAbFau.jpg

Edited by Ludo*1