Greenock Morten v Dundee FC (27-02-21)

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

This divisions roaster poster club.

^^^^ a surprising amount of self-awareness there....... 

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Weegie Morten.

^^^....... and almost immediately shown to be justified.  Well done to both. 

👍

8 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Is there some kind of animosity between these two clubs I’ve missed? Notice the Dundee fans on here seem to hate Morton as much as they hate their big brothers from across the road. 

Steady on mate. This is tame, I mean who, outside of their own support, likes Morten?

21 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Is there some kind of animosity between these two clubs I’ve missed? Notice the Dundee fans on here seem to hate Morton as much as they hate their big brothers from across the road. 

Dundee FC formed 1893

Dundee United FC formed 1909

Big brother?  Must be a Fife thing.  

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Steady on mate. This is tame, I mean who, outside of their own support, likes Morten?

Always thought they were inoffensive.

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Dundee FC formed 1893

Dundee United FC formed 1909

Big brother?  Must be a Fife thing.  

I was referring to the size of the respective clubs. 

Must win for both clubs. A much more encouraging performance from us last week and hopefully that's a sign of things to come with Jacobs back, giving us a midfield that won't be overrun every week, but when you're eight games without a win you're well past the point where you can cling to a good performance. We need to turn it into wins and with Dundee & Ayr in poor form we have to be taking six points from the next two games.

Meanwhile Dundee could go 8th with a defeat. While they still have games in hand, if they end up in 8th place on a run of four without a win those games become more about getting clear of 9th than catching Dunfermline and Raith. You're not going to get many better chances to stabilise your form than playing this Morton team.

Ugh, Morton at Cappielow. It's our actual bogey game in this league, forget Palmerston or Inverness. Surely a 3 game losing streak at this stage in a Championship season for us would be untenable...

...he says knowing full well McPake will get the rest of the season at least no matter what.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee