Hibernian v Motherwell

14 hours ago, Swello said:

I like a naan with roughly the dimensions of a double duvet - the rest of the curry is basically secondary (but necessary) .  I used to live across the road from the Raj down the Shore in Leith (don't think it still exists) and they used to do a fucking king size naan that required it's own carrier bag.

There was an Indian somewhere under Glasgow Central station in the mid-eighties (The Lahore Tandoori? Canne mind, as I was invariably blootered when I went there.) Anyway, it did the biggest naan bread I've ever seen, before or since, which they used to wheel to the table on a special trolley all of its own. Proper "one between six" fare.

On the game, I can't see past a Hibs win today unless our useless fucking battalion of strikers actually manage to knock in more than one goal, which seems unlikely.

14 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

My local do peshwarlic naan which is a combination of garlic and peshwari. Outstanding.

Not sure if that counts as fusion cuisine, but it would certainly get my vote.

My own (and indeed, only) signature dish in that field was a vindaloo lasagne, but my wife won't let me make that any more.

Breaking up the food talk, heres the Well team for today

Kelly, O'Donnell, Magloire, Lamie, Carroll, Maguire, Campbell, Crawford, Roberts, Cole, Watt.

Subs: Morrison, McGinley, Devine, Gallagher, Polworth, Cornelius, Lawless, Hastie, Long.

Now back to our scheduled food talk.

Edited by Phillips455

Naan - Morrison’s do the best shop bought ones from a brand called Clay Oven Bakery.

Pakora - veg for me. Broccoli and cauliflower both goo and wouldn’t say no to mushroom.

I do agree with your clay oven analysis, a splendid store bought naan that no others come close to.

And your vegetable pakora stance is also agreeable but the creeping rise of mushroom pakora enjoyment on this thread is spoiling my enjoyment of the pre match build up.

27 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Kelly, O'Donnell, Magloire, Lamie, Carroll, Maguire, Campbell, Crawford, Roberts, Cole, Watt.

Subs: Morrison, McGinley, Devine, Gallagher, Polworth, Cornelius, Lawless, Hastie, Long.

Tbh the food talk may be more interesting than the game. 

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Joe Tortolano on Hibs TV, last seen with a stick in hand adjusting the air conditioning above my desk.  His brother lived across the road until recently.

Mario liked a takeaway, he could contribute here.

Just walked past Easter Road on my way home from leith market. Strange feeling seeing the buses with the Motherwell badge and the stewards around the stadium and knowing I'll be watching in front of my computer. 

Have a good feeling we'll put in a decent performance today. 1-1

Just now, mwellhighland said:

Just walked past Easter Road on my way home from leith market. Strange feeling seeing the buses with the Motherwell badge and the stewards around the stadium and knowing I'll be watching in front of my computer. 

Buy anything nice?

1 minute ago, mwellhighland said:

Are you saying they have set up a ring of steel around the stadium? To keep the Well Bois out?

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

Despite my curry last night going down a treat, I’ve had to spend a while in the bog this morning, proper horrible, the kind of one that looks like brown mince and everytime you stand up you feel you’re still not finished yet, not a fine morning.

Spiced onions as a side?

1 minute ago, Les Cabbage said:

Despite my curry last night going down a treat, I’ve had to spend a while in the bog this morning, proper horrible, the kind of one that looks like brown mince and everytime you stand up you feel you’re still not finished yet, not a fine morning.

Toilet Roll ready chilled was it ? 

55 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Gallagher on the bench is a good thing, Lawleff hasn't disappeared since Wed night - the squad is slowly creeping up in strength. 

On the game - Hibs are a decent attacking side (certainly against us) and I can't see that central defence keeping them out - so not hugely confident here. It's important that we play more like we did on Wednesday rather than the horror shows against Accies and St Johnstone.