Hibernian v Motherwell

Despite a decent point last night, I still have zero enthusiasm for this.

Our only hope is that Hibs "Hibs it" (is that still a thing?) and put in a shocker of a performance. Failing that, it'll be a fairly routine win for them.

35 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Our only hope is that Hibs "Hibs it" (is that still a thing?) and put in a shocker of a performance. Failing that, it'll be a fairly routine win for them.

Did you not see what happened in both cup semi finals this season?

If we line up in our usual 4-3-3 for this one, which I suspect we will, Hibs will run all over the top of us with their terminator-esq running machines in Cadden, Irvine, Doig and Boyle. Aside from Campbell and O'Hara (if he's fit) we don't really have anyone that can match the athleticism and physicality of Hibs' midfielders and wing/full backs and I think that'll be our undoing here.

Hibs are on a bit of a roll at the minute, and despite a decent performance from us last night I think it'll be a fairly comfortable afternoon for them. I might feel a bit more confident if Lawless, Gallagher and O'Hara are involved but still expect our awful record at Easter Road to continue. 2-0 Hibs.    

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I always thought the definition (as voiced originally by Hearts fans) of that was to be in an unassailable position in a match and then f**k it up?

It was rammed right up the jacksies of them when they lost a 2 goal lead to us en route to our cup win in 2016 - and the term pretty much died a death from then.

However some people (lets call them fannies?) appear to use the term for when Hibs simply lose a match, which makes little sense.

Maybe you could enlighten us?

51 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I always thought the definition (as voiced originally by Hearts fans) of that was to be in an unassailable position in a match and then f**k it up?

It was rammed right up the jacksies of them when they lost a 2 goal lead to us en route to our cup win in 2016 - and the term pretty much died a death from then.

However some people (lets call them fannies?) appear to use the term for when Hibs simply lose a match, which makes little sense.

Maybe you could enlighten us?

Aye I would class it as a capitulation from a position of strength. 6-2 to 6-6, the second half of the 13/14 season etc.