Raith Rovers vs. Alloa Athletic

4 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Kieran MacDonald hasn’t been at his best recently but I thought today was his best game since Ayr away. Got forward well and put in some good deliveries. A few runs he made stretched and pulled the Alloa defence wide even when he didn’t always receive the ball it created space for others. Never gave much away defensively either.

Agree. I thought him and Kennedy (who I thought was a clear motm) combined well in the second half. 

Wouldn't like to see either riding the pine anytime soon... 

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

The win against Dundee has more significance, because it also meant a defeat for a play-off rival. A six pointer if you like. Also, the fact that we beat a big club like  Dundee with as bit to spare, one of the pre season favourites, gives us a lot more respect than beating Alloa.

A win for us in this league is great whoever it was against, at the start of the season we had no play off rivals, it was all about survival, no big teams in this league *awaits the jambos*

A strange game, today. When the goal was disallowed for a foul early in the second half I thought it was going to be one of those days when we can play all day and not score. Thankfully not the case. 

I thought we were the better side from after the point we went behind, but by god we were frustrating. The quality of delivery and set-piece were abysmal and when your game plan is essentially going wide and getting the ball into the box, it's going to cause problems. The goal we conceded was poor and ultimately typifies the issues we have in defence. 

We scored three  today but I am really not sure where our best option up front lies. I can't fault Duku's application today - clearly he was well up for it - but it wasn't really a lack of finesse that struck me, but more a sense of 'WTF?' at certain points in the game. I certainly felt he looked more threatening than Ugwu or Abraham have done in the last couple of weeks, but there is work required. 

We were a bit fortunate to get back into the game, I thought. Parry pushed a save right out into the danger zone, which was poor of him, and Davidson was there to knock it home. After that there was only going to be one winner and we really kept things going from that point. . 

The highlights may clear it up but I have absolutely no idea why the penalty at the end was awarded against us. Great save from Macdonald, though. 

What ultimately matters is that we got the three points today despite lacking in some areas. We have too often looked clueless when going behind but today we managed to find a way out of it. 

2 hours ago, lellywong said:

Davo scored the only goal that got us the win against Morton and today he got our first goal, some people are never happy, especially with Ian😳

Yes, it's great he manages to get the odd important goal but he's in the team for a different purpose and he's liable to f**k  that job up in several ways.

Been trying to remember the last time a Rovers goalie saved a penalty in a game before this afternoon? 

It’s probably far more recently than I can remember, but I’m genuinely struggling to recall. 
Im maybe making it up in my head but didn't Robbie Thomson save one either last season or the one before?

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Our second goal is such a foul by MacDonald, just pushes the boy in the back emoji23.png

I was convinced that it was a foul at the time but having watched it over and over I'm not as sure there's that much contact. 

Kai Kennedy looking to the ref before committing to the celebrations might tell a wee story though. 

Can't help but think that parry might feel he could have done better with the last 2 goals. A keeper I've always rated pretty highly though all the same. Would take him at Raith but doubt that will ever happen.

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Alloa goalie's attempts to save Henry and Gullan's shots were pretty poor. Like others I can't see a penalty offence.

Agreed. I thought at the time he looked a little suspect and that confirms it. I think Gullan has given him the eyes and thrown him off, but he probably should've saved Hendry's. Was similarly unimpressed with him in the game at the Recs 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Our second goal is such a foul by MacDonald, just pushes the boy in the back emoji23.png

Yeah, I think I'd have given it too, although he goes down easily. The shouting though. :lol:

That's a foul all day! How did you no give that? 

Edited by Michael W