Raith Rovers vs. Alloa Athletic

2 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Pretty resolute first half, only disappointment was we went in to our shell a little bit after we scored.

I thought Alloa were very good in the first half with their pressing game. Totally nullified any threat we had. 

Couldn't understand why they sat off us in the 2nd half instead of continuing what was working. Especially considering how good we are going forward when we click into gear. 

I thought Alloa were very good in the first half with their pressing game. Totally nullified any threat we had. 
Couldn't understand why they sat off us in the 2nd half instead of continuing what was working. Especially considering how good we are going forward when we click into gear. 

Pretty clear we came out the second half with the intention of trying to sit deep and defend a 1 goal lead. If that’s what Grant wanted to do, he should have switched to 4-5-1 bringing Heatherington into the middle and try and make the game as congested as possible.

With the threat Raith have out wide that was never going to work either so we really needed to try and find a 2nd goal from somewhere.

On the game today, as poor as we were defensively, I thought the goal we conceded was a good bit of play by Alloa. Once davo got the equaliser I wasn't in much doubt we'd go on to win the game but Alloa defended well up until that point without really offering much in an attacking sense. We've played better and not taken the three points though, so happy with the result today.

I do think Alloa have some good players for this level but grant isn't getting enough out of them to keep them up. After they got the goal today they should be looking to put more pressure on but instead stuck to being hard to break down and looked to get balls in to Cameron when they could. If they had gotten a second by being more aggressive then they probably would have went on to win. In saying that, we were worthy of the win and the calmness in our play, despite frustrating at times, definitely helped tire them out leading to mistakes as the game went on.

Good victory in the end even though we made hard work of it plenty of Possession but lacking the final bit of quality , I had a feeling Alloa would start sitting deeper especially after Tuesday game when they started to look heavy legged .

Regarding  Duku and Macdonald I’ve a feeling they may have been the most effected by COVID hence why Duku has hardly started recently and Kieran hasn’t really been his self really up until today. We are second top well passed any Rovers fans wildest dreams so come on guys we haven’t been our best today yet managed to turn things around

An ugly win gives us the same number of points as the silky win against Dundee, I'll take that all day long. Wasn't pretty but we were the better team and IMHO deserved the 3 points. You could argue the keeper could have done better (especially for the 2nd and 3rd) also how the fucking hell was that a pen at the death ? justice served by JMaC.

Off to enjoy this, an Xmas prezzy that only gets touched when we win a game, albeit it's had a good kicking on the 3 wins since then, slanje

2021-02-27 18.27.46.jpg

Edited by keyser_soze

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
9 minutes ago, AllSaint said:
Someone needs to put Davidson out his misery for the good of both him and the club.

Davidson the in-form goalscorer and Man of the Match? Him?

C’mon now. I can’t believe we still have Davidson fan boys. He’s absolutely murder. 

50 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
That was last week...the house was down to 2C before the electricity came back on. Feverish, perhaps...deluded, what Rovers fan isn’t...mad, I am technically an Englishman...

You're technically mad in the heid.

Never denied that, and the same is true for most on here.

33 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

An ugly win gives us the same number of points as the silky win against Dundee,

The win against Dundee has more significance, because it also meant a defeat for a play-off rival. A six pointer if you like. Also, the fact that we beat a big club like  Dundee with as bit to spare, one of the pre season favourites, gives us a lot more respect than beating Alloa.

Edited by Raith_Raver

55 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

C’mon now. I can’t believe we still have Davidson fan boys. He’s absolutely murder. 

We support Raith Rovers, chief. We haven’t been great since the ‘90s. Davo has helped us get points on the board in recent weeks. Need to support the team.

John McGlynn still backs him, so should we.