Raith Rovers vs. Alloa Athletic

Any Raith fan pretending that not finishing in a play off place would be acceptable after the spending in January and their consistent league positions this season is simply trying to delude themselves or, like most other Scottish football fans, possibly preparing themselves for a spectacular arse collapse. 

5 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

Any Raith fan pretending that not finishing in a play off place would be acceptable after the spending in January and their consistent league positions this season is simply trying to delude themselves or, like most other Scottish football fans, possibly preparing themselves for a spectacular arse collapse. 

An amusing take with not a whit of truth to it...but such is life in the hell that is a Pars fans existence.

An amusing take with not a whit of truth to it...but such is life in the hell that is a Pars fans existence.

Don’t agree at all.
We’d all have taken 7th or 8th before a ball was kicked.
We’d have been pretty delighted with 5th or 6th at that stage too.

But to be sitting where we are now we have to have ambitions of finishing in the play-off spots. It won’t be a disaster to finish 5th or 6th but it will certainly be a disappointment.
If we end up 7th or lower that will be a massive disappointment now that we’ve seen what we’re capable of.

20 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

We’ve had some great performances this season where we’ve been scoring goals for fun but recently we’ve had a couple of absolute canings and we seem to have gone off the boil a wee bit. I’m not sure we know our best side at the moment. Hopefully we can get a few points and work out our best side over the next three home games.

I’m looking forward to seeing us back at Starks on Saturday.

Its coming up to a year since we last attended a game there. I can’t really remember the Forfar game on March 7th, but I remember the midweek game with Falkirk on the 3rd March 2020.

16 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m looking forward to seeing us back at Starks on Saturday.

Its coming up to a year since we last attended a game there. I can’t really remember the Forfar game on March 7th, but I remember the midweek game with Falkirk on the 3rd March 2020.

The Forfar game was a straightforward win. Cruising along at 2-0 up and then we let them score with pretty much the last kick of the match season.

At the full-time whistle there was a pitch invasion to celebrate deservedly beating Falkirk to the title.

20 hours ago, TxRover said:

You honestly saying after sitting in roughly third pretty much all season, free scoring for a lot of it against a mainly pishy league that there’s no truth to what I said? Your hatred of the big team and jealousy of the bridie has blinded you. 

12 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

You honestly saying after sitting in roughly third pretty much all season, free scoring for a lot of it against a mainly pishy league that there’s no truth to what I said? Your hatred of the big team and jealousy of the bridie has blinded you. 

Nope...I predicted 5th to 7th before the season and remain perfectly happy with it. We got a lot of freebies on the first go around and banked some extra points, the second whip around has been much more challenging as teams now better understand our strengths and weaknesses. Don't like bridies, and without the glasses am pretty blind anyway...

Falling out of the top 4 would obviously hurt and I think anyone saying 5/7th is fine is trying to soften the blow. Saying that, we're obviously missing certain players and have had no consistency in the team over the last few games in any area of the park. Injuries right through the squad have upset us so hopefully when we can start putting a similar starting 11 every week we can start seeing better results again.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

1 hour ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

Falling out of the top 4 would obviously hurt and I think anyone saying 5/7th is fine is trying to soften the blow. Saying that, we're obviously missing certain players and have had no consistency in the team over the last few games in any area of the park. Injuries right through the squad have upset us so hopefully when we can start putting a similar starting 11 every week we can start seeing better results again.

What was your preseason prediction?