The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Tell the ginger midden heid that please. It is purely vindictive and spiteful and nothing else. She should be paying the fans their money back btw. 

I hope there is a big push back by the SPFL and fans.

There are games on tomorrow so I think we will see some big demonstrations against this shite.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There are games on tomorrow so I think we will see some big demonstrations against this shite.

It's an absolute disgrace that you can go to a cinema, restaurant and boozer on Jan 3rd derby day but not the game. Where is her justification and evidence outdoor events are more contagious when everybody is vaccinated and most boosted. The club's should take her to court or do something. 

24 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

League surely needs to request publication of the full evidence-base behind these measures. Need and effectiveness.

Outdoor football games are apparently so risky they need to be limited to a tiny fraction of capacity... while swathes of indoor venues - pubs, retail parks, theatres - carry on much as before. You can only fill 1 seat in 120 outdoors at Parkhead... but you can fill the majority indoors at the nearby cinema, while the indoor shopping centre or restaurant operate with no arbitrary limits whatsoever.

Advancing the winter break provides an alternative - assuming Sky agree - but only if you expect a return to the status quo after 3 weeks.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Taking a step back it is a useful circuit breaker, it coincides with the winter break and the school holidays, people’s behaviour has already changed as seen by the various party cancellations.  If this is restricted to the 3 weeks I can take it on the chin.

If it runs on then I am afraid they will lose the dressing room.

52 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Incidentally what financial compensation is provided?

Gate income alone is worth £3M+ per weekend in SPFL... much more at 'new year derbies'... then add hospitality/refreshments/etc.

Wild.

I suppose you also have to take a step back here and look at the situation we've apparently now reached as a nation.

Just shy of 2 years in... almost 90% of people above primary age double-jabbed... more than 50% triple-jabbed rising by 1.5% per day... but watching sport outdoors is basically forbidden again.

I understood the argument for not shutting down hospitality was due to the SG not having the money available to compensate businesses. So, with football having severely restricted customer numbers due to government policy, surely clubs can expect financial compensation?

27 minutes ago, ropy said:

Taking a step back it is a useful circuit breaker, it coincides with the winter break and the school holidays, people’s behaviour has already changed as seen by the various party cancellations.  If this is restricted to the 3 weeks I can take it on the chin.

It doesn't just coincide with the winter break, it also coincides with two of the best attended games of the season where clubs make massive amounts of income.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It doesn't matter who you're playing, home attendances are always at their highest.

You are right there will be a few folk home for the holidays but the majority of Motherwell fans get in free.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

If this is restricted to the 3 weeks I can take it on the chin.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It doesn't just coincide with the winter break, it also coincides with two of the best attended games of the season where clubs make massive amounts of income.

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I’m sure it will be lifted in time for the 6 Nations starting 

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

6th February is 46 days away so hopefully you’re right

Having gone straight from regular crowds to virtually "closed doors" for 3-weeks minimum... would they really restore anything like regular crowds, anything like as rapidly?

jim-halpert-the-office.gif

5 hours ago, ropy said:

If it runs on then I am afraid they will lose the dressing room.

It doesn't coincide with the winter break for the majority of SPFL clubs, who will lose money and receive little compensation due to these stack of nonsense restrictions. 

5 hours ago, Flash said:

I understood the argument for not shutting down hospitality was due to the SG not having the money available to compensate businesses. So, with football having severely restricted customer numbers due to government policy, surely clubs can expect financial compensation?

For what though?

They'll take the season ticket holders off the top.

I suspect it's only really Hibs who are losing much in walk ups.

7 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

For what though?

They'll take the season ticket holders off the top.

I suspect it's only really Hibs who are losing much in walk ups.

Depends on whether clubs reimburse fans for games that they don't get to I suppose.

Aberdeen are losing half a million from the Dundee and Rangers home games apparently.

Hibs remaining pre split fixture is the derby, for which they’ve presumably sold the bulk of the tickets they were going to already. There won’t be “walk ups” in the strict sense of the term.

However with Derby tickets now useless the real victim is me! I’ve now got to find a new Xmas present for my mum.